• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Old Boy GN 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bateszi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Here's one for all the nitpickers: How come he can remember former co-workers and friends but not someone who hated him enough to lock him up for ten years?

To quote Chan-wook Park's brilliant live-action adaptation of Oldboy: "Be it a rock or a grain of sand, in water they sink as the same." Essentially this problem you've highlighted isn't a plot hole at all (sometimes you can indirectly offend someone, change their lives with a thoughtless passing remark). The beauty of Oldboy is in experiencing the massive plot twists for yourself.

If you haven't already, I seriously suggest you look up the movie. It isn't one of the few foreign movies in the IMDB top 250 for nothing Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
joesushi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:52 am Reply with quote
Agreed. Oldboy is one of my favorite movies ever. Chan-wook Park is just an amazing director.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mrsticky005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote
am I the only person who found the manga to be a lot better than the film adaption?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1