• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shunsuke Kazama, Kenjiro Tsuda Return for 2016 Yu-Gi-Oh! Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:31 am Reply with quote
This sounds like a classic. I hope they can capture the feeling of the original series of Yugioh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:56 am Reply with quote
Okay. Now we know for SURE spoiler[this takes place post-Ceremonial Battle], and that spoiler[Yami/Atem is NOT involved], because spoiler[Yugi is not wearing the Puzzle] anymore. This also means spoiler[no God Cards] as, irrc, spoiler[Atem bore them into the afterlife].

{Use spoiler tags for spoilers. ~nobahn}
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:40 am Reply with quote
NateSelwyn25 wrote:
Okay. Now we know for SURE this takes place post-Ceremonial Battle, and that Yami/Atem is NOT involved, because Yugi is not wearing the Puzzle anymore. This also means no God Cards as, irrc, Atem bore them into the afterlife.
so this would literally like you said make this a post time skip movie arc. And with that being said this should theoretically take place a little bit before GX I'd say probably 3 to 4 years max before yugi meets and gives judai winged kuriboh.
Estellise

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:09 am Reply with quote
It actually is confirmed to take place after the original series.
Quote:
原作「遊☆戯☆王」最終話以降のアフターエピソードとして、完全新作のオリジナルストーリーが展開する。

"A completely new original story unfolds as an after episode of the original Yu-Gi-Oh's final story."

Source: http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0072381
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote
Screw the rules, I still can play Kaiba.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:30 am Reply with quote
It's good that Shunsuke Kazama reprises his role as Yugi, unlike in Tag Force Special, where he couldn't play Atem again.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for the new cards that we all know will show up.
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quote
YAYZ! Very Happy
Can't wait for the movie! So glad they came back!!

Although I was hoping for another crossover movie...but this is better!!
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote
As expected. I still think Kaiba's going to have 2 devices(duel disk) on both his arms in this movie. Also, we see something new on his knees now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote
So in other words, they're still at it playing children's card games?
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:58 pm Reply with quote
It looks like they decided to slather oil all over Yugi in the new character design.
GalicianNightmare

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Urgh! The Gallop cast! The Gallop cast didn't even use pro VAs. The Toei cast had an all star cast! Ogata, Midorikawa, Morikawa, Okiayu. Like I say, I'm not the master of analyzing Japanese voice acting, but even I know that Okiayu is a much better VA than Kazama. Kazama's not even a real VA! Tsuda has more roles, but he's still not really a proven VA.
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:53 pm Reply with quote
itachi06103570 wrote:
NateSelwyn25 wrote:
Okay. Now we know for SURE this takes place post-Ceremonial Battle, and that Yami/Atem is NOT involved, because Yugi is not wearing the Puzzle anymore. This also means no God Cards as, irrc, Atem bore them into the afterlife.
so this would literally like you said make this a post time skip movie arc. And with that being said this should theoretically take place a little bit before GX I'd say probably 3 to 4 years max before yugi meets and gives judai winged kuriboh.

in the words of Littlekuriboh, "let's pretend GX never happened"
Kurama4Ever!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:58 pm Reply with quote
When you really think about it having it take place after the original series might not be the greatest idea. Any kid who grew up post-Duel Monsters is going to have a completely different knowledge of game rules.

And is it too much to ask that we get an uncut dub with the original 4Kids cast? (It seems incredibly dangerous to ask this question....)

Can't wait to see it either way. Smile
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Kurama4Ever! wrote:
When you really think about it having it take place after the original series might not be the greatest idea. Any kid who grew up post-Duel Monsters is going to have a completely different knowledge of game rules.

And is it too much to ask that we get an uncut dub with the original 4Kids cast? (It seems incredibly dangerous to ask this question....)

Can't wait to see it either way. Smile

Just so you know, DM has been re-aired in Japan after its original run, plus the remaster is "currently" airing. Plus, in America, at least, DM was being re-aired for several years every Saturday morning until Saturday morning cartoons ended last year. Bonds Beyond Time was released back in 2010, 2011. So no, not a bad idea. Any revival from something a decade or 2 ago is catering more to the people of that time than the young folk of this time. Yugioh is the only children's card game that has more adults playing it than children. lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2