• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New One Piece Movie Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:07 am Reply with quote
With all the talk that the One Piece anime is ending at the conclusion of CP9, I only hope this film can serve as more founded proof that the One Piece anime is here to stay.

Since I can't read the text, I can't help but think I'm missing a lot of the tralier's intentions. Is it Vivi & Alabasta focused? Is she returning to the Straw Hats for the film? I look forward to it with anticipation!
Lix

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:25 pm Reply with quote
All what talk? Surprised
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote
The page is for MSIE only; can't be browsed with Firefox. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Lix

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh, and according to Animenation, it's a condensed re-telling of the Arabasta arc. A little disappointing, but I think it could be worth it. Arabasta was my favorite. Cool
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Lix wrote:
Oh, and according to Animenation, it's a condensed re-telling of the Arabasta arc. A little disappointing, but I think it could be worth it. Arabasta was my favorite. Cool

That's weird. A bit disappointing in a way, but if they can alter the storytelling method and make it more grandiose than the TV version was, it could be quite entertaining, since the TV version was great except for the desert trek and the ridiculously dragged out conclusion.

As for "all the talk," after the TV series moved out of its prime time slot for a morning slot this fall, and with the episode count reaching 300, there seems to be a bit of speculation the show will end after CP9. I haven't seen anything to suggest this is true, nor do I believe it to be true (especially with a new theatrical movie, even if it is going to be a retelling), even though there was an Ask John article about it.

I was only able to have the trailer work in FF by having the .asx link open up WMP, though I wasn't able to make it work through the site.
Kurosaki_Ichigo_1000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, the ratings for One Piece (most previous episodes) have reached back up to it's former standards, probaly because of the 5 episode filler that slowed the anime down. I wouldn't worry about the One Piece anime ending.
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Ya, One Piece ending soon, is like saying we've found/publically released a cure for AIDS or Cancer, its not gonna happen for a while, if ever.

as for the trailer, if its really a re-telling of it id be fine with it because it was one of my favorite arcs however if Vivi came back for some dire reason or if the Straw Hats ended up there again then that would just be AWESOME!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
detective392

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote
it is a remake of the arc it was translated from a japanese magazine cant wait to see how it turns out
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote
i can't wait to see this! i'm a huge one piece fan. The trailer looked nice and it was good to hear Vivi again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wellness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:22 am Reply with quote
If they are retelling, the Alabasta arc, I wonder where are they going to start at.

Are they going to just start at the rebellion attacking the palace or go through most of the first meetings. If it is just an brief reunion with Vivi, I will actually be really let down.
potassium

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:57 pm Reply with quote
There's no concrete evidence that One Piece will be ending soon after the World Government saga, but there's also no concrete evidence it won't end. What people have said is that it's possible. The crew has made it pretty far in the Grand Line; they're not far from One Piece; things are heating up tremendously. All I've seen said that wasn't by rumor-spouting morons is that One Piece could wrap everything up with plenty of closure in the current story arc or the next. Doesn't mean it's going to, just means it's possible.

Movies of manga-based long-winded shounen series are no indication of how long the series will be. Neither are ratings. No one remembers what happened to Inuyasha not too long ago?
Parfai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:35 am Reply with quote
First off I'm a realy big fan of One Piece!!!! I love it!!! This new movie can mean three things, one the retelling of the Arc, the conclution of what happened after the arc, or something very Very VERY BAD Happens!
And if Oda-Sama stops this anime all I'll have left is Naruto!!
But I don't think he will very soon. If One Piece anime happens just like the manga it will take some time before it ever catches up. I found a great spoiler page that gives pretty good detail on One Piece happings in the Manga, and if any one here watches YouTube the Anime is not that close.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1