• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madoka Magica Concept Movie Will Be Core of New Project

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:06 am Reply with quote
Hmm, a concept movie with returning characters...

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Much more curious about the new project though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:08 am Reply with quote
The core of a new project. God damn. Let the gods bless this project. I need more Madoka Magica.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:11 am Reply with quote
Interesting comparison for Mami. She's powerful yes, but certainly not the smartest of the five.

EDIT: eh, I guess it has nothing to do with Rebellion after all.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:32 am Reply with quote
You can find a video of the trailer if you look for it and although it's fairly slow it has one scene in particular that's just nuts. in homura's world, it looks like there's this seriously massive spire tower thing jutting out from the side of the planet. i have no idea what it is but its terrifying. Also, the dialogue is all really bizarre.

As we all figured out when Rebellion aired, it looks like Homura will be spoiler[the antagonist at least at first, with Kyubey taking a backseat. He gets a single line in the trailer which is him basically going "Why am I here?" contemplating how pointless his existence is in homura's world.]

{Added spoiler tags. ~nobahn}
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:49 am Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:

As we all figured out when Rebellion aired, it looks like Homura will be the antagonist at least at first, with Kyubey taking a backseat. He gets a single line in the trailer which is him basically going "Why am I here?" contemplating how pointless his existence is in homura's world.

We all know why Kyubey is there, and it is the only good thing coming from the final third of Rebellion.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:58 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah, people don't like Rebellion. That makes me hope that this next installment will attack the fanbase even more so even more people will miss the point.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:58 am Reply with quote
^ lol. Yep.

Also, Not sure how I feel about this. If it's not connected to the third movie to tie up a lot of the things that upset everyone, I won't be content.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:01 am Reply with quote
It's about damn time. The last 15-20 minutes of Rebellion straight up pissed me off because of how unnecessary and sequel-baity that part was. If this turns out well, at least something good will have come from that terrible ending. I am not a fan of how Rebellion ended.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:01 am Reply with quote
Rebellion was pretty much the perfect example of Homura showing her true colors as a completely insane nutjob blinded by her demented and one-sided love (the fact that people didn't notice this even though the entire show goes out of its way to make it obvious is flabbergasting), so I'm kind of happy it exists. Let people get mad.

Can't wait to see Madoka kick that ho to the curb.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:08 am Reply with quote
To those worried about this not following through on Rebellion, part of the dialogue in the trailer was a symbolic retelling of that ending, so of course it will be connected. I woulda thought that would be obvious, but just in case there's proof anyway.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:11 am Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
Oh yeah, people don't like Rebellion. That makes me hope that this next installment will attack the fanbase even more so even more people will miss the point.
Couldn't agree more! Honestly, I was really happy at how absolutely outraged some Madoka fans were at Rebellion. They took the bait so hard, and it was beautiful.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:04 am Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:

How exactly did it attack the fanbase?
kotomikun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Kubota also singled out Mami, stating that the new project will strengthen the image of Mami as a "God of Battle"

And then two more installments to turn Kyouko into a God of Badassery and Sayaka into a God of Angst.

Seriously, though, good to finally have some semi-concrete statement of intent to make more Madoka. Took 'em long enough...
Alittan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:48 am Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:

Haha this. If you understood what actually happened, there's no way you'd hate the ending. It was perfect IMO. Can't wait for the next installment.
tentensan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:41 am Reply with quote
I don't care what people say. This is the greatest news of the day for me! Yay! More Puella Magi!! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4