• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Boogiepop and Others, Kemono Friends 2, Meiji Tokyo Renka, An Angel Flew

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toonces

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Boogiepop and Others will also be on funimation.

https://twitter.com/funimation/status/1080901648258609162?s=21
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Toonces wrote:
Boogiepop and Others will also be on funimation.

https://twitter.com/funimation/status/1080901648258609162?s=21

Cool. Thanks for posting. I was hoping Funimation would have it. Funimation's announcement of Spec-Ops Asuka was a dual license, so it seems like there are going to be more than a few that were licensed far enough in advance to be shared licenses.
Cat1227

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness this is coming to CR/Funi!!! I was scared for a minute that it was going to be a Netflix pickup and have to wait forever to see it!!
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Very excited for more Toji, I have Season 1 Part 1 on preorder.
Mhora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Cat1227 wrote:
Thank goodness this is coming to CR/Funi!!! I was scared for a minute that it was going to be a Netflix pickup and have to wait forever to see it!!
why are people scared of Netflix and anime? Waiting is good. Better translations and visuals if they wait for the show to end.
alconnow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:
Cat1227 wrote:
why are people scared of Netflix and anime? Waiting is good. Better translations and visuals if they wait for the show to end.

Better translations? I’m sorry but Netflix never even bothered to translate the episode titles for Saiki S2.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:41 pm Reply with quote
^I'm also not sure where they get "better visuals" from considering that, even with the wait, Netflix shows are still often released well before the JP blu-ray releases are complete, meaning they're still using the same TV versions that any simulcast service would use. The only real upside to Netflix's binge-model is their shows launch with a dub from the beginning, but often they release after a point where a simuldub would have still caught up.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:00 am Reply with quote
This marks the return of a "Boogiepop" series to Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll's great purge of their fan-sub streams (over 3000 anime titles) was between Thanksgiving 2008 and the first full week of January 2009 (I believe this about the right time period). "Boogiepop Phantom" was one of their fan-sub streamed shows. What is interesting is that that sometimes a fan-subbed streamed series on that site will later return as an officially-subbed stream. Like wise, that legit subbed version may be letter removed from streaming then maybe re-added and perhaps even later re-removed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1