• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei!! Anime Reveals Summer Debut, Visual

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:19 am Reply with quote
The really are pushing out one season after another of this Fate/kaleid i wonder for how long though 1st season had 7k sales 2nd season 5,5k and 3rd 4,5k so its clearly going down this 4th might be the last if it sells below 4k.
Anyway still thinking to might pick up this i remember watchin 1st episode of season1 but kinda dropped it back then, will perhaps give it another try befor this next season starts then Razz
IceKirby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:52 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
The really are pushing out one season after another of this Fate/kaleid i wonder for how long though 1st season had 7k sales 2nd season 5,5k and 3rd 4,5k so its clearly going down this 4th might be the last if it sells below 4k.

This season (or seasons) will be the last for a while because they are about to reach the manga.

Well, not that close. It's likely that 3rei will be split into two seasons like 2wei was, possibly even including some fillers too.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:05 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Anyway still thinking to might pick up this i remember watchin 1st episode of season1 but kinda dropped it back then, will perhaps give it another try befor this next season starts then Razz

It starts slow, but slowly gets kind of interesting, but many people drop it as soon as they feel a stirring in their lons Anime hyper
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:08 am Reply with quote
They need to bring back the quality. Second season was painful at times, to the point where a couple of times I considered dropping the show. And then the third season had filler which, though pleasant-enough to watch, ate up more than half of the runtime.

I feel that it was a big mistake to greenlight a fourth season so soon.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:12 am Reply with quote
And this is fourth summer for the Prisma Illya anime. Never change, never change.

Quote:
Well, not that close. It's likely that 3rei will be split into two seasons like 2wei was, possibly even including some fillers too.

Nope, I don't think that they're use many fillers for this one, except the first episode (cause the ending of last season have a different outcome than the ending of 2wei manga). 3rei have a very heavy plot line compared to the first seasons. And after some chapters it's turned completely grimdark, often compared to the main series.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:42 am Reply with quote
Not surprising considering its aired every summer. More Bazette is great for the world.

Guess that means Heaven's Feel in the Fall season then if we follow the pattern. Wink
natchu96

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:23 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
They need to bring back the quality. Second season was painful at times, to the point where a couple of times I considered dropping the show. And then the third season had filler which, though pleasant-enough to watch, ate up more than half of the runtime.

I feel that it was a big mistake to greenlight a fourth season so soon.

Most of that was because they ran out of episodes in 2wei to finish the plot but didn't actually have enough plot left to fill all of the episodes for another season.

There's not much they can do to improve the quality in anything but the filler when all this stuff is already written.

Then again, if 2wei was where they started stretching the magical girl thing a little too much then 3rei is where it is all but abandoned entirely in favor of basically being Heaven's Feel with more overpowered . . . everything.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:03 am Reply with quote
Man, there's going to be so many epic battles. So much badass to go around.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:27 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Man, there's going to be so many epic battles. So much badass to go around.

The many battles actually worries me a little - either they're going to go all-out and everything is gonna look great, as the usual Kaleid battle does, or they're going to insert several slower fillers to give the animation team a break between all the battles.

In any case, the first season of 3rei will probably be more comedy and generally calmer than the following seasons, given how it ramps up after a while.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
I'm super hyped for this fourth season. I've heard about the major changes in the series' tone made during Drei but I'm hoping the anime will retain the comedic aspect that has been prevalent in previous seasons.

My one concern is who will be the new seiyuu for sapphire. It will be hard to try to follow up for Matsuki Miyu. I was thinking Saori Gotou would make a good sapphire as her voice sounds similar to Matsuki.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah this is the most hyped summer anime for me. 3rei!! from what I've read of the manga is much more grimdark than the earlier seasons of Prisma Illya and has super hype battles! Can't wait to see more of that badass Shirou! Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the earlier seasons of Prisma Illya and loli fanservice is a plus, but adding in a darker plot and weight to everything is only a positive.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote
The anime didn't really focus on the loli fanservice either ways, were too afraid to show anything, so getting more battles is a good thing I guess.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
The anime didn't really focus on the loli fanservice either ways, were too afraid to show anything, so getting more battles is a good thing I guess.

Lol they showed plenty. It doesn't have to go full nudity to be considered fanservice. The extra makeout scenes the anime added, and the fanservice OVAs had plenty of loli fanservice.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:

Lol they showed plenty. It doesn't have to go full nudity to be considered fanservice. The extra makeout scenes the anime added, and the fanservice OVAs had plenty of loli fanservice.

Yeah, but they didn't show anything in the anime aside from the kisses. The OVAs had some, but that's different.
All in all, the anime didn't have ecchi loli scenes, so it's not exactly a problem that the new series will focus more on the battles, and leave the manga and OVAs for featuring fanservice.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:42 am Reply with quote
Drei has had way less fanservice in later chapters but its start was just the usual amount you've come to expect from Kaleid, with baths, make-out sessions and the like. Plus, there's even a shota involved. Fun for everyone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2