• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media, Crunchyroll to Stream Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote
A very cautious "yay".
Quote:

The new season will have 13 episodes.

^ Still not too optimistic about that, but...okay Toei. You got a second chance at this; let's see what you got.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Thankfully it's weekly instead of biweekly this time. It's not like Toei used the extra time to make the animation better. Or at least I hope they didn't need two weeks per ep to get what they put out. I'm interested to see Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune so I'll watch it.
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm only surprised it was only just announced. They aired the last season so why wouldn't they air this one.
Freyanne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
I do hope that Crunchyroll is able to stream it the same day/time as Hulu does, and not be forced to wait a week or two (hated it when this happened to Kuroko no Basket, due to Daisuki).

I can't remember - did CR stream the first two seasons on Crystal the same time/day as Hulu did? I had Hulu at the time, so I watched SMC there.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:23 am Reply with quote
Freyanne wrote:
I do hope that Crunchyroll is able to stream it the same day/time as Hulu does, and not be forced to wait a week or two (hated it when this happened to Kuroko no Basket, due to Daisuki).

I can't remember - did CR stream the first two seasons on Crystal the same time/day as Hulu did? I had Hulu at the time, so I watched SMC there.

Yes it did stream the same time and day as Hulu. I confirmed that with the original announcements. I watched it on CR myself.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:40 am Reply with quote
Yeah, indeed it did simulcasted the previous seasons, but fortunately for CR, is quick first, then Hulu and others later.

And yeah, at least hopeful that its weekly, and not bi-weekly as it was before, also, at least this in turn that the following week Crystal S3 airs, the entire 200 episodes of SM Classic will be finally complete...subbed of course on Hulu.

Though I doubt the dub of Crystal will continue if they go onto S3, but I guess we'll wait and see.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Thankfully it's weekly instead of biweekly this time. It's not like Toei used the extra time to make the animation better. Or at least I hope they didn't need two weeks per ep to get what they put out. I'm interested to see Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune so I'll watch it.

I was never a fan of the biweekly airing schedule, either. If the episodes were longer than 24 minutes and/or better-animated, it would have been a different story. Toei claims they devoted *very* limited resources to the first two seasons because they weren't expecting the franchise to still be popular. Really, guys?
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:53 am Reply with quote
Animorphimagi wrote:
I'm only surprised it was only just announced. They aired the last season so why wouldn't they air this one.

According to Twitter, Viz's original contract for Sailor Moon Crystal didn't include potential future arcs being adapted, only Dark Kingdom and Black Moon. They were scrambling to get a new contract signed before the first episode aired. I sense they were given about as much of a heads-up as we were, which is why the dub of SMC is not finished. They likely suspected sometime this year SMC world continue, so they started dubbing the first episodes.
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:19 am Reply with quote
Really happy Crunchyroll got this too. Viz got stuck with derpy Toei subs last year ("Rascal, Sailor Mars!") while Crunchyroll started doing their own subtitles after a few episodes. I do feel sorry for European fans though. Sad

NeoStrayCat wrote:
And yeah, at least hopeful that its weekly, and not bi-weekly as it was before

It's confirmed for weekly release this year. Very Happy
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:33 am Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
NeoStrayCat wrote:
And yeah, at least hopeful that its weekly, and not bi-weekly as it was before

It's confirmed for weekly release this year. Very Happy

Yay! \^^/
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:40 am Reply with quote
Yessssss!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1