• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daisuki Makes One-Punch Man Anime Available to Selected Asian Countries

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:57 am Reply with quote
Wonder why Malaysia isn't included.
mierin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
available to all Asian countries except Japan, China, and Malaysia

WHYYYY??!

I was excited to see the title, but wow I'm sad.
NishizawaMihashi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:55 am Reply with quote
So, AS USUAL, my country gets jack shit, while they keep on focusing on every single other country out there. Great. BAGUS. Perrggh...

@mierin I feel you bro, why they keep doing this to our country also I don't know. I tell you ah... Hoping for Animax to give us stuff but everything also late or 2 simulcast shows then how? It's a miracle Steam is a legit thing in Malaysia weih, if not ah I tell you, then having all the big guys come to the conventions also no point.
mierin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm a sis, actually Cool

I don't mind if Animax shows the series late. You can't expect all the shows to get aired as quickly as possible. We don't control what happens behind the scenes, and I am more than happy to support whatever series they decide to have in their lineup, late or simulcast.

Though in this case, it is weird because pretty much all the surrounding countries will be getting the stream, but we're lumped with Japan (which is understandable) and China (also understandable) for some reason.
Xylem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:19 am Reply with quote
But, my fellow Malaysians, we did get to watch it, same season simulcast lah (albeit about 3 weeks late).

One-Punch Man was available on Animax-On-Demand (through Astro On-Demand service) during its actual broadcast season. The episodes were available about 3 weeks after they were broadcasted in Japan.

Unfortunately, it is currently no longer available. Animax-On-Demand would make an anime available for 4 months, then remove it from their library. Later they may or may not make it available again for another 4 months.

So it is not that we could not get it, but we just got a significantly worse deal compared with the other countries.

They get: Free and in HD.

We get: Must pay additional cost and not in HD. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1