• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Keiko Suenobu Launches Life 2 Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh I remember reading LIfe awhile ago. Didn't think this will get a sequel to be honest. I don't think this will be as long as the previous manga though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Would be nice if someone releases the new edition of the original series in English, though I seem to recall Ed saying Limit didn't sell very well so my hopes aren't high...
NOGI48

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quote
YES my favorite manga is coming back. Hopefully someone will be pick up the series and FINISH it and the new series. I've seen the live action and it inspired me to watch Japanese high school dramas. I LOVE Keiko Suenobu works and I even seen and read LIMIT. I have all 6 volumes. I just hope they make a live action for LIFE 2.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
For real?! I never would've expected this. Life is bar none my favorite manga ever, even though its publication was never finished in America. Then again, I do have the TV drama, which was a fairly faithful adapation (it merely removed the protagonist's cutting habits and focused solely on the issues of bullying), so I at least have an idea of how the story ended. While the story may admitteldy be exaggerated to near-cartoonishly dark levels, tonally it still captured the feeling of what the world of high school really is like, which absolutely served the story's discomfort, intensity and suspense, keeping me on the edge of my seat as I watch the main characters struggle to survive their world and root that much harder for them. For those little reasons it is one of the best manga ever made, period, a near-perfect illustration of its own title. It would be the greatest disservice if its publication remained unfinished (although Suenobu's other manga, The Limit, is really damn good in its own right for similar reasons), so one can only hope that this sequel series will encourage someone to finally make it happen.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:08 am Reply with quote
Wow, just yesterday I was thinking when Suenobu-sensei would launch a new manga after HOPE. I'm glad she moved to Afternoon. The current Betsufure is not the place for her. All the manga there are fluffy romance stories. I wish HOPE hadn't been axed. Sniff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1