• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Forum not showing who is online or invisible or new posts icon?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamuraiNinjaDragon

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I've been noticing a weird problem for months now in the forum.

The forum hasn't been updating to say who is online or invisible or when there are new posts in the boards. It doesn't say anything for me. For new posts, I can only tell if there is when I look at the far right to see when the last post was made. For users, even though I"m online (and others probably are too), it's not showing up that me or anyone else is online, and it's not stating if there are any invisible users either.

It keeps saying it's 0 users and 0 guests for me, and the icon that says a board has new posts keeps showing that there is no posts even though there were new posts as indicated on the far right when you see the last user who posted.

Does anyone else have this issue? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

EDIT: It looks like it's mostly only certain boards and categories that do this. Also, when you click on them, you see all the threads that have new posts in them that have the new post icon.

........I feel like I might be going crazy or something............. ._____.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:42 pm Reply with quote
It's been well over a year. IIRC, it happened at the same time as the upgrade to the site.

Also, in forums, when it does show the "new posts," the button doesn't work, either, unless it's a new post since you came to the board.
SamuraiNinjaDragon

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I thought so, but I wasn't sure. I guess something must've happened when they upgraded the site or something. :/

Yeah, I noticed that because while I was still online, I noticed that the new post icon showed up in the Talkback section when someone was replying to a thread there. Very strange indeed. :/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1