• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Summer Lesson VR Game Previewed in New Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InimitableUman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:11 am Reply with quote
This game still strikes me as kind of pervy. Just the way you don't seem to be able to move around the room, so you're like a captive audience and you have to look at her, \and how for a lot of the footage you're sort of looking up at her and not on the same level, and the way she's dressed kinda casually, like you kind of have a shot, you know.

Which I'm not even saying in anger at the game, or anything, I just think that's the way it is. Which makes this a weird experience because it's only pervy in these really subtle ways, and will probably never go beyond that. I guess this might be titillating to Japanese guys but I might just be bored. I see they have a girl playing the game here and I wonder how she feels. I'd think it would be awkward but maybe there's a cultural difference there too. Maybe a girl who's lacking friends could play this. That makes me kinda sad. This virtual girl is your only friend but she has such a limited range of things she can do.

At least they're having some fun with it with the ending, though I wonder if that'll be in the actual game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1