• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shonen Jump Magazine Launches 11th 'Gold Future Cup' Contest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Much of the GFC winners have been failures so far. Maybe we'll get a good one that sticks soon.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:40 am Reply with quote
Some of these premises sound really derivative, but the one about the government employee who wins a manga contest sounds like it could be fun.

Or was that actually describing the author and not the story?
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:12 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Some of these premises sound really derivative, but the one about the government employee who wins a manga contest sounds like it could be fun.

Or was that actually describing the author and not the story?

It's describing the author. Sorry for the confusion. I'll change "synopses" to "descriptions" to avoid confusion in the article. The title of the one-shot though roughly translates to "Special Government Official: Remodeler Counter-Measure Department: Tanaka Seiji," so the government employee part may still be in the manga itself.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:36 am Reply with quote
I love the idea of a badass government bureaucrat! Very Happy Maybe his job is to remodel places after superheroes/villains/giant monsters and/or giant robots mess them up? [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_Control_(comics)]Marvel[/url] had a comic like that.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:06 pm Reply with quote
From looking at the GFC ad/preview picture, Taketori Tsuki Monogatari has pretty well drawn characters. Like, it looks like the schedule of a weekly serialization may just be a bit too demanding for it.
Larkan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I love the idea of a badass government bureaucrat! Very Happy Maybe his job is to remodel places after superheroes/villains/giant monsters and/or giant robots mess them up? [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_Control_(comics)]Marvel[/url] had a comic like that.

he is kinda of OP and he fights actually.
Kinda of similar to Sakamoto, he fights these dudes with powers.
A bit ambiguous my description, but if you check out the one-shot you will see.

I am saying this because this one-shot is the one from Jump Next 2016 volume 2 of course by same author, this is that one-shot probably with a few adjustments.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1