• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club Anime's Cast, Staff, Visual Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Yet another cute girls with bicycles anime. Unlike Long Riders, the girls are highschoolers. I like the visual but poor Matsumoto-san. His art has been altered for the anime once again.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Yurika Kubo? Yay! I love her voice!

I'm a sucker for "cute girls doing something" type of anime, so I'll definitely watch this one. Funny how much cycling anime has come out recently... Razz
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:44 am Reply with quote
The manga art looked way better than this flat boring style they're doing for the anime. Does anyone who read the manga know if this is more like Yowapeda or can we expect another series of dull boredom like Long Riders?
otagirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:01 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
The manga art looked way better than this flat boring style they're doing for the anime. Does anyone who read the manga know if this is more like Yowapeda or can we expect another series of dull boredom like Long Riders?

Manga art indeed looks prettier ( at least for the characters). Isnt Yowamushi shonen though? Completely different genres. Cant go into a cute girls show expecting competition, unless its Saki or that new girl ping-pong show thats airing.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:07 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Reina Ueda as Hiromi Maiharu

Here goes "manualbike" joke as opposed to Sakura Hane's "autobike" in Bakuon. Same seiyuu heh. There is also bicycle reference in Bakuon. So irony.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote
otagirl wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

Manga art indeed looks prettier ( at least for the characters). Isnt Yowamushi shonen though? Completely different genres. Cant go into a cute girls show expecting competition, unless its Saki or that new girl ping-pong show thats airing.

This manga is in fact also a shonen, so I don't see your point? Because mine is that I want a sports series with an all-female cast that actually focus on the competitive aspect of the sport without being all about the boob jiggle. I honestly couldn't stand Saki because they made "joke" about one of the girls' boobs four or five time per episode. We're getting TWO girl cycling anime in the span of six months and both or them are gonna be a boring drag?
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:27 am Reply with quote
I usually avoid sports anime (its just not my thing), but this looks interesting enough that I'll probably give it a try.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:50 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I want a sports series with an all-female cast that actually focus on the competitive aspect of the sport without being all about the boob jiggle.

Girls und Panzer would fit the bill nicely. Very little boob jiggle and the focus is entirely on the competition for about 60% of the show.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:58 am Reply with quote
^I actually tried watching that one but couldn't make it past episode 2, didn't really care for the characters design or their personalities -also didn't care much about war tanks
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
Ah, so you are not looking for a sports anime with an all-female cast that actually focuses on the competitive aspect of the sport without being all about the boob jiggle then. My mistake.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quote
^If I can't connect with the characters' personalities, then no, because then I don't care whether they win or not. Doesn't help that the "sport" was one I found so terribly unappealing
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:36 am Reply with quote
Fair enough. I'm lucky where the sport being played doesn't really matter. For instance, Table tennis, Mahjong, Karuta, and Go are not competitive games that interest me in the slightest, yet Ping Pong the Animation, Saki, Chihayafuru and Hikaru no Go are all sports anime that I rather enjoyed. We all have our tastes though.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:25 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I actually tried watching that one but couldn't make it past episode 2, didn't really care for the characters design or their personalities -also didn't care much about war tanks

Huh? Girls und Panzer is a good anime. It has slow start but its getting better at later part of episodes. Better characters development and I love how they execute the plot. Its basically "screw camouflage, we are gonna fight straight to your face". They also properly make good strategy too so it is not stupid way to win the competition. A good balanced teamwork which we hardly see on most anime nowadays.

Girls und Panzer The Movie have 80% of serious moments in it. And many GuP fans are not even tanks otaku but they like it. But why cant you too? Hater gonna hate?
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I might be interested in something like this. The art looks great,and so do the girls. I hope everyone forgives me for sounding like Brock from "Pokemon,"but let's be honest,the girls are cute. Make no mistake about that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1