• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Ghost in the Shell Film Streams 4 More TV Spots

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iceblast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Are we even going to have to watch the movie, after all these trailers. The first trailer was more than enough to want to watch it. We don't need a dozen more. It's like Home Alone all over again. All the fun parts were in all the many trailers for the movie, by the time you got to the theater and watched the movie, you felt like you watch most of it already, and the fun was mostly gone. Don't make the same mistake.
JEArgumedo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Correction for the article: Michael Pitt is playing Kuze, not the Laughing Man.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:28 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome. Less then 10 days!
I'm excited to see this movie finally.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:48 pm Reply with quote
iceblast wrote:
Are we even going to have to watch the movie, after all these trailers. The first trailer was more than enough to want to watch it. We don't need a dozen more. It's like Home Alone all over again. All the fun parts were in all the many trailers for the movie, by the time you got to the theater and watched the movie, you felt like you watch most of it already, and the fun was mostly gone. Don't make the same mistake.

1) It seems like a lot of trailers because ANN are constantly covering the trailers. Plenty of movies have more trailers than this, and half of these "trailers" are actually short TV spots that are <0:30

2) Most show off the aesthetic more than actual scenes

3) The scenes they do show are pretty much the same scenes over and over again in a different order

4) No one is forcing you to watch them

I don't think the trailers are giving away too much of the film, but I'm tired of seeing coverage for every little ad spots on ANN at the same time.
GDMaid Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
omegaproxy wrote:
This is awesome. Less then 10 days!
I'm excited to see this movie finally.

I've already bought my ticket to see it in IMax on the 1st.

The theater has assigned seating. So I always buy online ahead of time so I get the seat I like without having to get there early, or wait in line for tickets and try to find a seat.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1