• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond TV Anime Premieres in October

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:02 am Reply with quote
October is better than never. The return of Chain! I can't wait.

Quote:
The text on the flyer states that the anime will "reproduce the comic more faithfully."

Nice.

Last edited by KH91 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:02 am Reply with quote
Exciting! Fall 2017 should be fun this year. Can't wait to see more Kekkai Sensen again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:04 am Reply with quote
Are there still enough interested viewers? This show seemed to fizzle out to me. Lots of great potential squandered.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jesusalcala11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:05 am Reply with quote
I mistook the headline as "Bed Bath & Beyond TV Anime Premieres in October" and thought that things were going to get real interesting in October.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:19 am Reply with quote
jesusalcala11 wrote:
I mistook the headline as "Bed Bath & Beyond TV Anime Premieres in October" and thought that things were going to get real interesting in October.

I thought it said "To Infinity & Beyond TV Anime Premieres in October" and I was so excited about Buzz Lightyear finally piloting a Gundam.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:28 am Reply with quote
I don't think the second season will be as good as the first one without Rie Matsumoto. The anime original bits were the best part of the show.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:36 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
I don't think the second season will be as good as the first one without Rie Matsumoto. The anime original bits were the best part of the show.

Exactly.
Part of what impressed me about the first season was actually mainly how the show managed to be as stylish and unique easily recognizably thanks to its director.

And I'm not sure about the new director's track record.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 am Reply with quote
So they are going to pull a Noragami and have the second season adapt the manga more faithfully. That's cool and all but I really cannot help but wonder how it'll turn out without Matsumoto's direction (hopefully the new director does something creative). Nonetheless I still look forward to this.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:43 am Reply with quote
Never read the manga hence why it was so easy to just watch BBB season 1 without worrying about the original source material. Also, without director Rie Matsumoto I can only hope the more "faithful" Beyond season will have it own set of charm or builds up other side characters like Chain or Steven Starphase. I mean it's studio Bones so I'm going to watch it no matter what! Very Happy
All-Seeing-Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:43 am Reply with quote
I'm really excited for this because I think a big weakness of the original anime was that it didn't flesh out it's characters enough (KK, Chain, and Steven). I really hope the second season develops the whole team more Smile
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:23 am Reply with quote
Quasar-Dragon wrote:
I'm really excited for this because I think a big weakness of the original anime was that it didn't flesh out it's characters enough (KK, Chain, and Steven). I really hope the second season develops the whole team more Smile

Agreed. I usually see comments about how people are excited about Chain, and yet I feel like she wasn't involved or developed enough for me to see her as just another part of the team. Maybe this will help.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 am Reply with quote
Sweet hopfuly Funi can simuldub this
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:46 am Reply with quote
Was kinda wondering if it was still scheduled to come out in April or not. I guess this finally answers that question. Oh well lots of other good shows coming out this April so no big deal
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I had a suspicion that it was airing on October. I was hoping for two cours, but I will take 12 episodes. I am indeed still excited about BBB, and I hope season 2 is good.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Hope the animation is as good as the first season, but less chaotic, and the story more cohesive and grounded aswell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2