• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Betrayal Knows My Name Sub.DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I am interested in that kind of series. Is as good as the source Material?
Black_Kenshi

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I can't say whether or not the anime was better than the source material, but I honestly couldn't finish the show. In short, I felt like the characters were no different from any harem show without anything to either set itself apart or at least have something interesting happening to the characters. There is another reason why, but I think that might get into spoiler territory, so I'll hold off for now.

For all I know, the source material could explain everything and have a compelling message to say, but if the anime can't stand on its own, then I think the show falls short.
Nadare Xizos

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I had a hard time finishing this show myself. The Mary Sue protagonist was a major reason as well as lack of character development in Luka. The supporting characters themselves were interesting, but the story sort of fell apart towards the end. The slow pace also didn't do the show any favors. It's an okay anime, yet not one I'd watch again anytime soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1