• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Avex Pictures Acquires Muv-Luv Game Maker Ixtl

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:58 am Reply with quote
So we should be expecting imports not leaving/be bought outside of Japan anymore.

Awesome. Good to know.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:29 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
So we should be expecting imports not leaving/be bought outside of Japan anymore.

Yeah, there's definitely some angst about Avex's anti-export policies over on the Muv-Luv discord, since the franchise has had a lot of releases across many media in Japan, and almost none of it has been licensed in the West, so the Western fanbase does a lot of amazon.jp shopping.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:42 am Reply with quote
There's something about this that piqued my interest, but I can't exactly put them into words. I wonder what projects they are working on now.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:58 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
There's something about this that piqued my interest, but I can't exactly put them into words. I wonder what projects they are working on now.

The editor for the English version of the Muv-Luv VNs had a really interesting post on his curiouscat the other day, regarding a new "48 Years Later" scene in the Muv-Luv Alternative manga, which concluded in May after a 10 year run. Obviously, don't read his translation of the scene if you haven't finished Alternative, but his point is that by crediting three character designers and five mecha designers for a 10-page speech, it might be tipping fans off to where this franchise is going next.

EDIT: A tweet from @age_soft shows the final frame of the speech, for anyone who's interested.

Last edited by invalidname on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Derpinat0rz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:03 am Reply with quote
I hope they do a complete adaption of muv-luv and give it to studio satelight.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1