• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls VR Game Listed With July 18 U.S. Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hideki-Motosuwa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I still can't understand why people are calling this a "game". This is obviously a VR experience more than anything because all you're doing is virtually participating in the audience in a VR concert. There is no game mechanics involved at all.

When are we going to get a proper IDOLM@STER game in the west, for pete sake!?
omoikane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:58 pm Reply with quote
It's a pretty fun game, doing calls in VR. I hope the free DLCs hitting the Japanese version come over ASAP so there's at least some value in the base game that you can at least customize Onegai Cinderella with an idol you like.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote
As ecstatic as I am about the debut of Cinderella Girls in VR, I would be even more thrilled if we got an actual gaming title of Idolm@ster...
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:58 am Reply with quote
Hideki-Motosuwa wrote:
I still can't understand why people are calling this a "game". This is obviously a VR experience more than anything because all you're doing is virtually participating in the audience in a VR concert. There is no game mechanics involved at all.

When are we going to get a proper IDOLM@STER game in the west, for pete sake!?

The closest to a "proper" game in the series we got was the iOS ports of Shiny Festa. But it seems like Japan gets the more important stuff from the franchise that really matter while we get the more extra stuff for the series. A mecha spin-off Anime series(Xenoglossia), a Chibi series (Puchim@s), and DLC for other Namco games is all we usually get.

I want the few things we do get to do well so it will make Namco think there is a market for it here even if it is just the extra stuff that they don't care as much about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1