• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Celebrate 30 Years of Martial Arts Mischief with Ranma 1/2 Stamps

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather celebrate 30 years of Ranma with an anime remake, but hey, stamps will do too.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
I'd rather celebrate 30 years of Ranma with an anime remake

I would even accept if they make Ranma 1/2: Final Act so that all those chapter that were never animated are finally made into one last TV season. They could also go the DragonBall Kai route and convert the series to widescreen (like Toei is doing with the first episodes of Naruto Shippuden) while removing the filler episodes/content (some stories that could fit in one episodes were stretched to one or two) and if that becomes popular they would then animate the rest of the manga.

Of course Rin-ne would have to end first and there would need to be an extended period where Rumiko does not publish a new series.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
I'd rather celebrate 30 years of Ranma with an anime remake, but hey, stamps will do too.

Assuming they could stay true to the spirit of the original, sure. There was a very punchy, colorful vibrance to the series back in the day, and not many modern series really touch on that fun-loving sense of action comedy anymore. I'd have my reservations anyways, but there have been some faithful adaptations in recent years (Ushio and Tora, Hunter X Hunter, Patlabor, Guru Guru, etc.), so you never know.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:46 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
Nodz wrote:

I would even accept if they make Ranma 1/2: Final Act so that all those chapter that were never animated are finally made into one last TV season. They could also go the DragonBall Kai route and convert the series to widescreen (like Toei is doing with the first episodes of Naruto Shippuden) while removing the filler episodes/content (some stories that could fit in one episodes were stretched to one or two) and if that becomes popular they would then animate the rest of the manga.

Of course Rin-ne would have to end first and there would need to be an extended period where Rumiko does not publish a new series.

A final act would be nice.
kgw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Dunno. Nostalgia maybe good, but I like to see Rumiko Takahashi making new stories, instead of going for reboots and remakes of old series.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:10 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
Nodz wrote:

I've seen the "Rumik World" revival episode, and without Hirotaka Suzuoki to play Kuno, what's the point? Sad
antasad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh.. the peek of Takahashi-san's drawing style....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1