• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Split: Yuki Sato (producer) (#5313)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horseradish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Yuki Sato (producer) (#5313) has credits for at least three producers; one producer is possible misreading of Hiroki Sato, a Gainax producer. Entry named Hiroki Sato exists, but needs further clean-up and split.

佐藤 由紀
(1993) Soreike! Anpanman: Kyōryū Nosshi no Daibōken (movie) : Production Desk [日本テレビ]
(1993) Lupin III: Voyage to Danger (special) : Production Desk 
(1994) Pom Poko (movie) : Special Thanks To [協力 credit according to Seesaa]
(1994) Soreike! Anpanman: Lyrical Magical Mahō no Gakkō (movie) : Production manager (NTV) 
(1994) Lupin III: Dragon of Doom (special) : Production Desk 
(1995) Whisper of the Heart (movie) : Cooperation 
(1995) Soreike! Anpanman: Yūreisen o Yattsukero!! (movie) : Production Desk [日本テレビ]

佐藤 由起 ? [佐藤 由起 according to Toho DB and Seesaa; 佐藤 由紀 according to JP Wikipedia and Media Art DB] See error report.
(1995) Lupin III: Farewell to Nostradamus (movie) : Production manager [制作デスク credit]

佐藤 裕紀 (possible misreading for Hiroki Sato, Gainax producer)
(1997) Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth (movie) : Publicity 
(2004) This Ugly Yet Beautiful World (TV) : Producer [Seesaa]
(2004) (The) Melody of Oblivion (TV) : Producer [Seesaa]
(2005) He Is My Master (TV) : Producer 

佐藤 由貴
(2017) Scum's Wish (TV) : Production Advancement (ep 6) 
(2017) Clean Freak! Aoyama kun (TV) : Production Advancement (eps 1, 5) 
(2017) Kino's Journey - the Beautiful World- (TV) : Production Advancement (eps 1, 4) 

Unknown - could not verify kanji
(1993) Kaiketsu Zorori Mahō Tsukai no Deshi Dai-Kaizoku no Takara-sagashi (movie) : Production Desk
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Aaaa, yes, this mess.

Yuki SATOU (佐藤 由紀) has an Encyclopedia page here, with the correct kanji for the name. The credits on 5313's page for 佐藤 由紀 that we've already confirmed (and should be moved to 118144) are as follows:
Quote:
Lupin III: Dragon of Doom (special) : Production Desk -> Source confirms 佐藤由紀
Lupin III: Farewell to Nostradamus (movie) : Production manager -> Source confirms 佐藤由紀
Lupin III: Voyage to Danger (special) : Production Desk -> Source confirms 佐藤由紀
Pom Poko (movie) : Special Thanks To -> Confirmed as 佐藤由紀 via this link provided by Devil Doll
Soreike! Anpanman: Lyrical Magical Mahō no Gakkō (movie) : Production manager (NTV) -> Source confirms 佐藤由紀

Yuki SATO (producer with no kanji), with the aforementioned 5313 page is 佐藤裕紀, as at least 4 of the credits on the page belong to that person.
Quote:
He is my Master (TV) : Producer -> Source confirms 佐藤裕紀
(The) Melody of Oblivion (TV) : Producer -> Confirmed via Jpn Wikipedia as 佐藤裕紀
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth (movie) : Publicity -> Confirmed as 佐藤裕紀 via this link from Devil Doll.
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World (TV) : Producer -> Confirmed via Jpn Wikipedia as 佐藤裕紀

I'll work on my research some more, trying to sort all of these out again.
horseradish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:04 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Yuki SATOU (佐藤 由紀) has an Encyclopedia page here, with the correct kanji for the name. The credits on 5313's page for 佐藤 由紀 that we've already confirmed (and should be moved to 118144) are as follows:
Quote:
Lupin III: Dragon of Doom (special) : Production Desk -> Source confirms 佐藤由紀
Lupin III: Farewell to Nostradamus (movie) : Production manager -> Source confirms 佐藤由紀
Lupin III: Voyage to Danger (special) : Production Desk -> Source confirms 佐藤由紀
Pom Poko (movie) : Special Thanks To -> Confirmed as 佐藤由紀 via this link provided by Devil Doll
Soreike! Anpanman: Lyrical Magical Mahō no Gakkō (movie) : Production manager (NTV) -> Source confirms 佐藤由紀
Perhaps two different people have the same name (佐藤 由紀). Seems unusual that a producer would later become an animator. The Nostradamus credit might belong to someone named (佐藤 由起) instead.

Quote:
Yuki SATO (producer with no kanji), with the aforementioned 5313 page is 佐藤裕紀, as at least 4 of the credits on the page belong to that person.
Quote:
He is my Master (TV) : Producer -> Source confirms 佐藤裕紀
(The) Melody of Oblivion (TV) : Producer -> Confirmed via Jpn Wikipedia as 佐藤裕紀
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth (movie) : Publicity -> Confirmed as 佐藤裕紀 via this link from Devil Doll.
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World (TV) : Producer -> Confirmed via Jpn Wikipedia as 佐藤裕紀
Yuki Sato (佐藤 裕紀) may be a misreading of Hiroki Sato as noted by EmperorBrandon in the linked thread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1