• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond Anime's Promo Video Previews Action

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:31 pm Reply with quote
The PV looks good so far and goes well with that theme song. I'm excited for this series to return again as I've been a fan of both the first season and manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:46 pm Reply with quote
My body is ready for more BBB.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Having the same animation director and character designer is definitely a good reason to stay excited for it.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:08 am Reply with quote
Even with this PV, this is still one of the Fall shows that I would be more excited about if I weren't concerned about the new director and writer, along with Kino's Journey. Though in terms of direction for this one, it would be more failing to draw out the full potential of the staff they have rather than being bad per se.
Zeino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:13 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Even with this PV, this is still one of the Fall shows that I would be more excited about if I weren't concerned about the new director and writer, along with Kino's Journey. Though in terms of direction for this one, it would be more failing to draw out the full potential of the staff they have rather than being bad per se.

Yeah, that is my greatest worry about it too. That it was mostly Rie Matsumoto who made BBB so good and without her, the sequel will lose something vital.
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:53 am Reply with quote
Chain is BAE
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:

Yeah, that is my greatest worry about it too. That it was mostly Rie Matsumoto who made BBB so good and without her, the sequel will lose something vital.

You are acting as if Matsumoto came up with the original concept and story. She will be missed, but BBB is adapted from a manga, which I assume has good writing.
Zeino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:12 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
You are acting as if Matsumoto came up with the original concept and story. She will be missed, but BBB is adapted from a manga, which I assume has good writing.

Well, given that I don't think much of the Trigun manga and think it's vastly inferior to it's anime adaption, I don't have the best of faith in wanting to put trust on Nightow's story-telling skills alone. He seems to be one of those authors who's works are always better in other people's hands who improve on his ideas.
Morry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I liked BBB and its original characters but the original story was pretty lackluster. Just have to wait to see if the manga plot will be any better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1