• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ojarumaru Anime Gets Live-Action Special in November

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epicwizard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Finally!! Translated Ojarumaru news on ANN after a 2-year absence! Please post more translated Ojarumaru news in the future! Very Happy

Quote:
NHK announced on Wednesday that the Ojarumaru (Prince Mackaroo) anime will get a 10-minute live-action special titled "Ojarumaru Special Anime Janai de Ojaru?" (Ojarumaru Special, It's Not an Anime?) that will air on NHK E-Tele (NHK Educational) on November 3.

I'm not really a fan of live-action takes of anime, but I'll check out the special anyway in November. I hope it's good.

Quote:
The anime will also have a two-part special that will premiere before the live-action special on November 1 and 2 titled "Saraba, Mattari no Hibi yo!" (Goodbye, Lazy Days!). The two-part special's story will begin with Moonlight Town somehow losing its laid-back feel, with the perennially late Kawakami actually catching his bus, and the homebody Ken actually taking the time to job hunt.

Oooh, the plot sounds pretty interesting! Perhaps Moonlight Town loosing its laid-back feel will also result in Okorinbou and Nikobou finally getting rich and maybe, just maybe the Oni Child Trio will finally retrieve Enma's scepter from Ojarumaru.

Quote:
Ojarumaru began with a manga series by Rin Inumaru that ran in Shogakukan's Ciao magazine.

That manga is so rare since it never got a tankoubon release in Japan. I wish to somehow get my hands on it someday.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1