• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Osamu Tezuka's New Year Cards Were NSFW

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:51 pm Reply with quote
what a furry
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I guess Tezuka being a furry isn't too surprising to me (since I've read and seen a lot of his work, check Bagi for obviousness), but I didn't know he was into thicc mice too so that one's new.

Bagi reminds me, really hope Discotek just gets a load of Tezuka movies and just releases them in chunks, that'd be awesome. AnimeSols had some of those things before.

Also, just, who, in general, both makes and sends holiday cards with two mice 69ing each other on them? And the other 1972 card was the thicc mouse so... I'm no expert on Japanese culture, but it seems most of the New Years cards I see from mangaka are pretty straightforward, maybe hentai artists do things differently?
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:35 pm Reply with quote
"Here's your yearly reminder Tezuka was a furry."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:11 pm Reply with quote
That's our Tezuka. I wonder how much left haven't been found yet. lol
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:01 am Reply with quote
His New year’s cards have been sold during various Big Web Auctions on Mandarake for years now. This isn’t a surprise to anyone who buys stuff there. I’m honestly surprised it took a western website so long to discover this.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:07 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
"Here's your yearly reminder Tezuka was a furry."

Also a reminder that many creators and pioneers of classic comics and cartoons were not always "G-rated" or squeaky-clean, both in Japan and abroad…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:23 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I guess Tezuka being a furry isn't too surprising to me (since I've read and seen a lot of his work, check Bagi for obviousness), but I didn't know he was into thicc mice too so that one's new.

It has been suggested that this revelation might engender a sense of unity between two otherwise disparate communities. Both can claim Tezuka as their own.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
klv
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:56 am Reply with quote
Here I am, just laughing my ass off. These cards are hilarious! I love them! Laughing
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:26 am Reply with quote
I won't look at mice the same way. Good thing the article clearly puts the "NSFW" tag.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1