• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zoids Wild Anime Trailer Reveals Main Cast, July Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:38 am Reply with quote
I loved watching Chaotic Century and New Century on Toonami back in the day. But this just seems really lame looking. And the character designs are such a downgrade.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Kensho Ono for the main character I'm in I love his work as Shikadai Nara and Yuya Sakaki !
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Still not a fan of the lack of cockpits (for more of a traditional mecha touch) but like MoonPhase1 I have a ton of nostalgia for this franchise as I absolutely loved watching CC/NC and Zero (and what we got of Fuzors, though it was quite as good) on CN/Toonami back in the day (and my subbed watch of Genesis, which was a great comeback more like the first shows) so I'm totally going to give this a try even if it looks to be skewing younger. The CG for the zoids looks nice and reminds me of Zero's style and shading.

That brief shot of some of the main characters eating and lying around in their little camp site looked pretty nice even despite how yeah the designs clearly fit more in with numerous other kids show styles than previous Zoids series' designs.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:57 pm Reply with quote
It's been a long time since I have heard of Zoids. I remember watching two shows from this series on Toonami. I'll give this one a try when it comes out later this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1