• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 More Visually Striking Anime Productions

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote
BeBop Cool Cool Shocked Mr. Green
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the poll, I would give it to Genki, because that kid is gutsy enough to put on a pair of rollerblades and engage the monsters himself. : D
Paulo27

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:57 pm Reply with quote
lol KLK
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:37 pm Reply with quote
With all due respect, I chose none of those cars.
For me, I gotta go with the Karas-mobile or when Karas becomes an automobile! Very Happy
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:
lol KLK

"lol" what? KLK is like the ultimate distillation of Trigger and Imaishi's signature style.

Shingo Natsume and crew got two placements on this list with One Punch Man AND Space Dandy. A lot of people don't realize or consider that since so much of the advertisting around Dandy was on Watanabe's involvement. Also, please stop talking about how it wasn't "the next Bebop." It was never meant to be. And honestly, saying it wasn't a success is a relative opinion, since it's clearly popular enough that people still remember it. I'd rather have a good show slowly gain a respectful following than just blow out of the gate in popularity and then have said popularity dwindle after its run like so many flavor of the month series.

Also, Lupin's Fiat is *obviously* the only right answer.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Wow I agree with 6/7 of these, it is very rare when you agree with so many entries on a list.
Jayhosh wrote:
Also, Lupin's Fiat is *obviously* the only right answer.
I did vote for that one, though honestly I always thought he would like at home in an E-Type.

Last edited by MarshalBanana on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oggers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Gankutsuou (The Count of Monte Cristo) is one of my favourite anime series, and the visuals definitely make it stand out. I've recently been rewatching it for the first time in a while, though as much as I love it, the CG definitely hasn't aged as well as the unmoving Gustav Klimt-style patterns.
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Oggers wrote:
Gankutsuou (The Count of Monte Cristo) is one of my favourite anime series, and the visuals definitely make it stand out. I've recently been rewatching it for the first time in a while, though as much as I love it, the CG definitely hasn't aged as well as the unmoving Gustav Klimt-style patterns.

I loved this show from the word go. It's at the top of my list for titles that break my heart because of the inability to get a native HD master (and I imagine that even attempting an upconvert would be problematic at best). Sad

BTW, my vote was for Rally Vincent's 1967 Shelby Cobra GT 500. Sweet ride. Sad part is that I rolled off the assembly line before that car did... Sad

Last edited by Ouran High School Dropout on Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chrysostomus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Mob definitely needed to be there way more than OPM. From a technical, aesthetic and creative standpoints it far outclasses the latter.
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Chrysostomus wrote:
Mob definitely needed to be there way more than OPM. From a technical, aesthetic and creative standpoints it far outclasses the latter.

It makes me wonder if No Game, No Life also deserves a spot.

Last edited by Ouran High School Dropout on Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I do believe this is the first time I've sen ANN have a thumbnail with a phallus in it. More, please.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Belladonna of Sadness is still sitting on my DVR from when it was on Turner Classic Movies last year, but is that seriously a penis with a face on it in the thumbnail? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:48 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Belladonna of Sadness is still sitting on my DVR from when it was on Turner Classic Movies last year, but is that seriously a penis with a face on it in the thumbnail? Laughing

Technically it's the devil. But one doesn't have to be male to know what form he's assumed.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:00 pm Reply with quote
He also kinda ejaculates everywhere when he disappears and reappears. The movie is hardly subtle.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Japan Animator Expo could probably fill seven spots all on its own. I think it's the only time in anime I've ever seen stop motion done on ceramic mugs, that's for sure.

Lemonchest wrote:
CatSword wrote:

Technically it's the devil. But one doesn't have to be male to know what form he's assumed.

Either way, it definitely fulfills the "visually striking" part. (Also, Belladonna of Sadness was on Turner Classic Movies?)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3