• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: 91 Days Complete Series BD/DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:29 am Reply with quote
My experience with this title has been a little complicated, on the one hand I enjoyed it, and the OVA, with few issues. On the other hand I had forgotten all about it, and I'm not that interested in re-watching it.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:34 am Reply with quote
I keep forgetting about this one. I need to go back and finish it soon.
VerQuality

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:46 am Reply with quote
Interesting to hear they did end up going with accents for the dub. I might use that as an excuse to rewatch the series later.

Does anyone who's bought the set know if they fixed some of the atrocious animation quality issues that plagued the tv release? Because some of those were almost comically bad, and really detracted from an otherwise very solid series.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:26 am Reply with quote
This was a show I wanted to love,but I just could not care for any of the characters at all. When you have characters killed off and you don't care for their fates,your show isn't working. The big one for me being when Nero ends up spoiler[killing his own brother]. This should be a pretty emotional moment,but doesn't work due to you not really spending anytime with this character,nor giving him any development.

It felt like they wanted this to be 2-cours but they could only get 1. So I get that rushed feeling from it.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Didn't much care for it, myself. Felt like a pastiche of an American gangster film made by people who have read a lot more sienen manga than they've watched James Cagney films (or even Nikkatsu gangster films). The Tantalus' feast scene was fun, at least. Fango was welcome camp relief in a series that otherwise took itself far too seriously.
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I kind of liked it but I didn't find memorable. I think I can't remember a single name from that series.
Koda89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I loved the hell out of this show when it was airing. It was one of my Top 3 favorite shows in the Summer of 2016. But echoing others here, it ultimately didn’t have much staying power. It ended up getting lost in the shuffle by the end of the year.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Avilio is my fave Austin Tindle role. This anime is perhaps 1 of the best choices for anime deserving of a live-action Amer. adaptation.
Koda89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Avilio is my fave Austin Tindle role. This anime is perhaps 1 of the best choices for anime deserving of a live-action Amer. adaptation.

It would certainly be one of the most difficult for Hollywood to screw up given their boner for mafia films. Laughing
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:02 am Reply with quote
VerQuality wrote:
Interesting to hear they did end up going with accents for the dub. I might use that as an excuse to rewatch the series later.

Does anyone who's bought the set know if they fixed some of the atrocious animation quality issues thuat plagued the tv release? Because some of those were almost comically bad, and really detracted from an otherwise very solid series.

The accents are 1 reason I prefer the Eng. dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1