Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Monster Hunter Film Actors Post More Photos From Filming




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AmuroNT1



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 85
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:04 am Reply with quote
Boy, all these shots of modern soldiers in modern armor with modern weapons REALLY makes me feel good about this Monster Hunter movie, said nobody ever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
squirrelmecha-2.0



Joined: 01 Jul 2018
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:22 am Reply with quote
Paul W. S. Anderson just made a live action Gate movie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heishi



Joined: 06 Mar 2016
Posts: 801
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:17 am Reply with quote
I never played any Monster Hunter game but I'm pretty sure it looked more... medieval looking.
But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and see if it will be any good, regardless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnimeLordLuis



Joined: 27 Jan 2015
Posts: 1612
Location: The Borderlands of Pandora
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:27 am Reply with quote
Looks like the new monster hunter movie is shaping up to be your run of the mill crappy american horror movie proving once again that hollywood as always ruins everything. Also I’m pretty sure that the “bone blades” will just be pocket knives.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
forexjammer



Joined: 01 Dec 2017
Posts: 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:46 am Reply with quote
This is shaping to be worse and worse, we still don't have a single image that is remotely familiar to Monster Hunter. I hope those Muh-reens are just side characters that dies at the start of the movie.

Are pure fantasy movie not popular in Murica? LoTR did it nicely why not this one. Just make a generic plot "Big bad monster spreads a desease that makes other monster hostile and a group of hunters fighting them in tropical, icy, volcanic land"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greed1914
It's Over 9000!It's Over 9000!


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 3070
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:30 am Reply with quote
And I'm left wondering if they have any real faith in the movie. It's not really Monster Hunter if it's a modern military vs. monsters. I get the impression that the idea for a Monster Hunter movie was approved, but somebody higher up the chain decided that it wouldn't sell very well as is, so they opted for a knock-off of the recent Godzilla movies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChrissyC



Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Posts: 387
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:57 am Reply with quote
What is going on, lol, like Resident Evil, expect something different whether that's good or bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Errinundra
Moderator


Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 4952
Location: Melbourne, Oz
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Troll post and responses deleted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nynextew



Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Posts: 95
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
And I'm left wondering if they have any real faith in the movie. It's not really Monster Hunter if it's a modern military vs. monsters. I get the impression that the idea for a Monster Hunter movie was approved, but somebody higher up the chain decided that it wouldn't sell very well as is, so they opted for a knock-off of the recent Godzilla movies.

I feel this deeply. Why is it so hard for anyone, in the Movie industry, to stay faithful to the source material?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BadNewsBlues



Joined: 21 Sep 2014
Posts: 3286
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
I never played any Monster Hunter game but I'm pretty sure it looked more... medieval looking.


Sounds more like Dragon's Dogma Razz

forexjammer wrote:


Are pure fantasy movie not popular in Murica? LoTR did it nicely why not this one.


LOTR was a "big" risk when they did it and even then it wasn't a new concept at the time....even more so with the fact it wasn't the first time they adapted Tolkien's work into another medium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnimeLordLuis



Joined: 27 Jan 2015
Posts: 1612
Location: The Borderlands of Pandora
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:03 pm Reply with quote
forexjammer wrote:
This is shaping to be worse and worse, we still don't have a single image that is remotely familiar to Monster Hunter. I hope those Muh-reens are just side characters that dies at the start of the movie.

Are pure fantasy movie not popular in Murica? LoTR did it nicely why not this one. Just make a generic plot "Big bad monster spreads a desease that makes other monster hostile and a group of hunters fighting them in tropical, icy, volcanic land"


Don’t blame America blame hollywood for this travesty they are the one’s who decide to make Monster Hunter into a crappy war/horror movie not us hell to say that hollywood lives in a bubble that’s separate from the rest of the world is a massive understatement. Also it’s not that fantasy doesn’t sell in America it’s just that Americans are sick and tired of hollywood’s bullcrap which is why all of hollywood’s current fantasy/science fiction movies are bombing in theaters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group