• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Monster Hunter Film Actors Post More Photos From Filming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:04 am Reply with quote
Boy, all these shots of modern soldiers in modern armor with modern weapons REALLY makes me feel good about this Monster Hunter movie, said nobody ever.
squirrelmecha-2.0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:22 am Reply with quote
Paul W. S. Anderson just made a live action Gate movie
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:17 am Reply with quote
I never played any Monster Hunter game but I'm pretty sure it looked more... medieval looking.
But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and see if it will be any good, regardless.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:27 am Reply with quote
Looks like the new monster hunter movie is shaping up to be your run of the mill crappy american horror movie proving once again that hollywood as always ruins everything. Also I’m pretty sure that the “bone blades” will just be pocket knives.
forexjammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:46 am Reply with quote
This is shaping to be worse and worse, we still don't have a single image that is remotely familiar to Monster Hunter. I hope those Muh-reens are just side characters that dies at the start of the movie.

Are pure fantasy movie not popular in Murica? LoTR did it nicely why not this one. Just make a generic plot "Big bad monster spreads a desease that makes other monster hostile and a group of hunters fighting them in tropical, icy, volcanic land"
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:30 am Reply with quote
And I'm left wondering if they have any real faith in the movie. It's not really Monster Hunter if it's a modern military vs. monsters. I get the impression that the idea for a Monster Hunter movie was approved, but somebody higher up the chain decided that it wouldn't sell very well as is, so they opted for a knock-off of the recent Godzilla movies.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:57 am Reply with quote
What is going on, lol, like Resident Evil, expect something different whether that's good or bad.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Troll post and responses deleted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nynextew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
And I'm left wondering if they have any real faith in the movie. It's not really Monster Hunter if it's a modern military vs. monsters. I get the impression that the idea for a Monster Hunter movie was approved, but somebody higher up the chain decided that it wouldn't sell very well as is, so they opted for a knock-off of the recent Godzilla movies.

I feel this deeply. Why is it so hard for anyone, in the Movie industry, to stay faithful to the source material?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
I never played any Monster Hunter game but I'm pretty sure it looked more... medieval looking.

Sounds more like Dragon's Dogma Razz

forexjammer wrote:

Are pure fantasy movie not popular in Murica? LoTR did it nicely why not this one.

LOTR was a "big" risk when they did it and even then it wasn't a new concept at the time....even more so with the fact it wasn't the first time they adapted Tolkien's work into another medium.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:03 pm Reply with quote
forexjammer wrote:
This is shaping to be worse and worse, we still don't have a single image that is remotely familiar to Monster Hunter. I hope those Muh-reens are just side characters that dies at the start of the movie.

Are pure fantasy movie not popular in Murica? LoTR did it nicely why not this one. Just make a generic plot "Big bad monster spreads a desease that makes other monster hostile and a group of hunters fighting them in tropical, icy, volcanic land"

Don’t blame America blame hollywood for this travesty they are the one’s who decide to make Monster Hunter into a crappy war/horror movie not us hell to say that hollywood lives in a bubble that’s separate from the rest of the world is a massive understatement. Also it’s not that fantasy doesn’t sell in America it’s just that Americans are sick and tired of hollywood’s bullcrap which is why all of hollywood’s current fantasy/science fiction movies are bombing in theaters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1