• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mini Toji TV Anime Premieres on January 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Don't think I care about this at all I know the show was not the best out there but it still was good but this just seems to be a waste to me.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to this, as I like how the characters look in this style.
nDroae

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:19 pm Reply with quote
A waste? Not a waste of much then, shorts like this are cheap to make and quick to watch.

Some people on MAL asked why shorts like this exist and who would watch them, I replied "people in Japan watch them when they air between episodes of other shows, and they help promote the gacha game."

As with that "I Want You To Make a Disgusted Face and Show Me Your Underwear" short series which got a sequel greenlit, this is so cheap to make that its existence can't really be seen as a factor in the nonexistence of whatever you'd rather see. It's about as close to being pure "harmless fluff" as it's possible for anime to be.

Well... aside from any harm done to gacha whales.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:07 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Crunchyroll will stream this as well. I’ll take a look at it if they do.
nDroae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:13 pm Reply with quote
That seems likely, since CR was on the production committee of the original show.

I still wonder whether they might have their Crunchyroll Games department localize the Toji no Miko mobile game at some point, like they did DanMemo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1