×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Azur Lane Anime Reveals New Visual at Comiket




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Yune Amagiri



Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 992
Location: France
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:19 am Reply with quote
The "queen" is confirmed, all my fears are now naught.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar


Joined: 14 Aug 2006
Posts: 16948
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Already had to remove a pointless loli debate. Don't start it back up folks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
HoboSoup



Joined: 06 Aug 2017
Posts: 361
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Already had to remove a pointless loli debate. Don't start it back up folks.


I was more jesting in my first comment, he clarified he wanted that material in the series and didn't want them to tone it down. I responded with that's cool, I think the anime might be censored in China but not in Japan and NA. Seemed like harmless discussion and not a debate to me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Afezeria



Joined: 20 Aug 2015
Posts: 817
Location: Malaysia, Kuantan.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
The "queen" is confirmed, all my fears are now naught.
What is your fear regarding this show, if I may ask?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ashabel



Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Posts: 351
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
What is your fear regarding this show, if I may ask?


I imagine he was talking about who the anime would choose as the protagonist.

When you start off Azur Lane, you are given a pick between three Destroyer class ships as your starter - USS Laffey (representing Eagle Union/USA), HMS Javelin (representing the Royal Navy) and KMS Z23 (representing Ironblood/Germany). There is also IJN Ayanami who represents Sakura Empire/Japan, but she's not a starter and needs to be unlocked.

All three starter Destroyers are very good representatives of their class and remain useful even in EX Dangerous, which are the maximum difficulty missions in the game. As a result the player ends up spending a disproportionate amount of time with them compared to the rest of the fleet (literally from the moment they start the game) and it's very easy to grow attached. On the other hand, this also means that when the anime was announced, there was plentiful buzz among the fandom about who would be chosen as the one true starter boat to rule them all.

Honestly, Laffey was a natural expectation if you consider that the majority of the game's story campaign is told from USA's perspective. Still, it's nice to have a confirmation.

Personally, as a Laffey starter myself, I couldn't be happier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yune Amagiri



Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 992
Location: France
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:20 pm Reply with quote
#Afezeria, i should have said, for now my earliest fear have now disappear, still waiting for more informations in order to confirm if the show will be mainly SoL with some battles like Kancolle or an heavily Action-packed one like Arpeggio, i'm fine with either as i enjoyed both but the latter would be more interesting. So far i feared that the 4 starting ships ( beside Z-23 which was present in the trailer ) wouldn't be present, Javelin has yet to be announced though but seeing Laffey and Ayanami is a huge relief for the community, also no Sakure Empire ship were showed in the trailer, althought i cannot imagine them forgetting the most frequent foes in the game, it's still rassuring to see Ayanami which belong to this fleet.

Last edited by Yune Amagiri on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar


Joined: 14 Aug 2006
Posts: 16948
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Ashabel wrote:
Afezeria wrote:
What is your fear regarding this show, if I may ask?


I imagine he was talking about who the anime would choose as the protagonist.

When you start off Azur Lane, you are given a pick between three Destroyer class ships as your starter - USS Laffey (representing Eagle Union/USA), HMS Javelin (representing the Royal Navy) and KMS Z23 (representing Ironblood/Germany). There is also IJN Ayanami who represents Sakura Empire/Japan, but she's not a starter and needs to be unlocked.

All three starter Destroyers are very good representatives of their class and remain useful even in EX Dangerous, which are the maximum difficulty missions in the game. As a result the player ends up spending a disproportionate amount of time with them compared to the rest of the fleet (literally from the moment they start the game) and it's very easy to grow attached. On the other hand, this also means that when the anime was announced, there was plentiful buzz among the fandom about who would be chosen as the one true starter boat to rule them all.


Started with Laffey myself but I spent the time to get Javelin & Z23 to the same level and same level gear. Honestly Z23 has the better stats of the main 3 (I consider Ayanami more as an afterthought) I think. Followed by Laffey and then Javelin. Laffey certainly is used more in the main and side stories of the 3 so it would make sense she be the MC of them for the show. I just hope my girl South Dakota makes it in there heh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
S0crates



Joined: 06 Jul 2018
Posts: 227
Location: Banned - Noticed our poor ethics
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Prinz Eugen is by default best waifu. She got style, she got smug, she also be kicking butt.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group