Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy VII Remake Game's Trailer Unveils Tifa


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
3ngag3



Joined: 16 Oct 2015
Posts: 97
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:43 pm Reply with quote
She looks good. Sadly even this combined with the oncoming FF8 Remaster couldn't save this presentation from being a huge disappointment. They could have competed with the PSO audience by bringing Dragon Quest Online westward, but completely ignored it again. That new Avengers game looked pretty bad as well. It might as well have been a giant message reading, "We couldn't get the likeness of the film actors, so have these cheap knockoffs instead."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GNPixie



Joined: 25 Jul 2018
Posts: 49
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Shame about the entire cast being replaced. George Newburn will always be my Sephy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
residentgrigo



Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 1592
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I need to say something positive after my general apathy to the remake. Tifa´s new design looks good. Like really good. Nomura, or whoever, even gave her Lightning's skort. It´s kinda weird that she has no muscles despite being the best hand to hand fighter in the cast but she lives on a planet where psychics adamantly don´t apply. Shrug.

@Kicksville The middle-aged Pym is the main reason I now somewhat look forward to the game. He is my favorite classic Avenger by far outside of Quicksilver, who is more of an X-men. Oh yeah. Will the Avengers game feature mutants down the line. Hm.


Last edited by residentgrigo on Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kicksville



Joined: 20 Nov 2010
Posts: 741
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:53 pm Reply with quote
The gameplay is looking pretty damn good.
3ngag3 wrote:
That new Avengers game looked pretty bad as well. It might as well have been a giant message reading, "We couldn't get the likeness of the film actors, so have these cheap knockoffs instead."

The Avengers of course exist in so many different forms beyond just the movies.

...buuuuuut, yeah, the way they chose to make it look so much like the movies otherwise just makes everyone look like the lower budget local stage recast.

Uhh, young Hank Pym though, cool I guess...?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Steve Minecraft



Joined: 13 Feb 2019
Posts: 120
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Reduced breasts, covered legs, shorts. Expected as much, but still disappointed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AiddonValentine



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 1593
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:13 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
I need to say something positive after my general apathy to the remake. Tifa´s new design looks good. Like really good. Nomura, or whoever, even gave her Lightning's skort. It´s kinda weird that she has no muscles despite being the best hand to hand fighter in the cast but she lives on a planet where psychics adamantly don´t apply. Shrug.


The stuff that's bugging me are the unneeded story changes, like Cloud hallucinating Sephiroth even though one reason he made such an impact was because we were given no chance to build expectations until the Nibelheim flashback. Plus the whole episodic things turn me off. No thank you, Square, I'll wait until the game is FINISHED in 2024. Still, nice that someone blackmailed Nomura into remembering Cloud has a sense of humor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BadNewsBlues



Joined: 21 Sep 2014
Posts: 3725
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:16 pm Reply with quote
3ngag3 wrote:
She looks good. Sadly even this combined with the oncoming FF8 Remaster couldn't save this presentation from being a huge disappointment. They could have competed with the PSO audience by bringing Dragon Quest Online westward,


They're going to compete by bringing over a nearly 8 year old game that few people outside of asia want and against a game that's no more wanted?

3ngag3 wrote:

but completely ignored it again. That new Avengers game looked pretty bad as well. It might as well have been a giant message reading, "We couldn't get the likeness of the film actors,


Why would they get the likeness of the actors though?

Especially when the general consensus about the game is people whining about it being modeled after the MCU instead of pulling a MUA3 and being more in line with the comics.

Remington Steele wrote:
Wow... they made her breasts small....

WTF! So disappointed in SE pandering to S - J - W nonsense.


The fact you seem to think that Tifa was nothing more than a pair of cartoonishly sized breasts isn't really garnering any sympathy regarding your "faux" outrage any favors. Secondly pretty sure the changes have nothing to do with appealing to these "boogeymen" you're referring to but like because of the specific style the remake is using.

Steve Minecraft wrote:
Reduced breasts,

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/9/94/Tifa-FFVIIArt.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/239?cb=20110227161512

Hmmm yep they sure look like they reduced the size of her breasts from how they're "supposed" to look. Even while they're still amply proportioned to the point they're noticeable.

Steve Minecraft wrote:
covered legs,


Covered legs that don't fully cover up her legs i.e. zettai ryoiki

Steve Minecraft wrote:
shorts.


Under a skirt that makes it really hard to see said shorts?


Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kamina170



Joined: 03 May 2010
Posts: 15
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Aeris: Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders)
Barret: John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
Biggs: Gideon Emery (Teen Wolf)
Cloud: Cody Christian (Teen Wolf)
Jessie: Erica Lindbeck (Persona 5)
Sephiroth: Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf)
Tifa: Britt Baron (GLOW)
Wedge: Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
residentgrigo



Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 1592
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:33 pm Reply with quote
And I have another positive thing to say. The 10/10 Japanese cast from the Compilation is being kept and the international versions will all have it as an option. Who knew that the best anime of 2020 to... whenever would be a game.

SE´s press conference was actually mostly good if you overlook the irritating audience that couldn't stop screaming and cheering. No wonder that no one respects gaming "journalists".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 4316
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:41 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
residentgrigo wrote:
I need to say something positive after my general apathy to the remake. Tifa´s new design looks good. Like really good. Nomura, or whoever, even gave her Lightning's skort. It´s kinda weird that she has no muscles despite being the best hand to hand fighter in the cast but she lives on a planet where psychics adamantly don´t apply. Shrug.


The stuff that's bugging me are the unneeded story changes, like Cloud hallucinating Sephiroth even though one reason he made such an impact was because we were given no chance to build expectations until the Nibelheim flashback. Plus the whole episodic things turn me off. No thank you, Square, I'll wait until the game is FINISHED in 2024. Still, nice that someone blackmailed Nomura into remembering Cloud has a sense of humor.


I have to agree with the flashback. However, I think you're wrong on the timeline. 2020 release for part 1, and they said it's only 2 "blu-ray discs". That means it's been reduced to two parts instead of three like originally planned. Creating the assets and what not is the longest step, honestly. So is designing the gameplay. With that stuff out of the way, part 2 should come much sooner.


Anyway, i take back my last comment about the gameplay looking dull/bad or w/e I said. It looked great today. Nice mixture of real-time and turn-based. ATB ftw.

Also, thanks for linking the JP video too. that cast is TOP TIER. Can't wait to spend as long as possible with Aerith so i can listen to Maaya forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ZODDGUTS



Joined: 27 Oct 2003
Posts: 598
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Tifa definitely got hit with the reduction stick but it's not as bad as I expected. People come in different shapes and sizes, nothing wrong with a character being on the bigger side of things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve Minecraft



Joined: 13 Feb 2019
Posts: 120
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:25 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Hmmm yep they sure look like they reduced the size of her breasts from how they're "supposed" to look. Even while they're still amply proportioned to the point they're noticeable.

Covered legs that don't fully cover up her legs i.e. zettai ryoiki

Under a skirt that makes it really hard to see said shorts?


Tifa never had ZR. and her chest is definitely smaller

I prefer the edit someone made, its closer to the original

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pajmo9



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 617
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Tifa looks good. Really good. This is pretty much what I always imagined she should look like. Kudos to Square for their design work on this. Now, if only the story and gameplay changes don't ruin it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AiddonValentine



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 1593
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:35 pm Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
Tifa definitely got hit with the reduction stick but it's not as bad as I expected. People come in different shapes and sizes, nothing wrong with a character being on the bigger side of things.


Oh she's FINE. She's still busty, just not enormous. My only complaint is she seems a little skinny in the legs; I'd much rather she be more athletic (she IS a martial artist after all) but if your first complain is her breasts then you got skewed priorities.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
T.Silver



Joined: 13 Jul 2015
Posts: 107
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Steve Minecraft wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Hmmm yep they sure look like they reduced the size of her breasts from how they're "supposed" to look. Even while they're still amply proportioned to the point they're noticeable.

Covered legs that don't fully cover up her legs i.e. zettai ryoiki

Under a skirt that makes it really hard to see said shorts?


Tifa never had ZR. and her chest is definitely smaller

I prefer the edit someone made, its closer to the original


Zettai ryoiki is hotter than fully bare legs tbh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group