• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Daytime Shooting Star GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BinBouGami1234

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I really wanted to like this series because the main heroine was such a great character, but romances involving teachers are just so nasty to me.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this series, so I’m happy to see it finally get an English release. Now I just have to cross my fingers for Tsubaki getting licensed too, although I can already imagine the reactions that will garner.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:51 am Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. I've never read a romance involving a teacher, but I have read age-gap stuff before (Dengeki Daisy & Dreamin' Sun). Thing I liked most is that this volume is mostly set up, and they don't delve into romance full on.

Seeing that this series is 12 volumes, I'll hope for more reviews to help me make up my mind. This is a series I made a note of when I saw it had been licensed. Just want to get a bit more of a grasp on it before I dedicate myself to 12 volumes.

Suzume sounds like the kind of MC I'd enjoy reading. That alone could push me over the line.

I did spoil myself on the ending. So, if anyone does want to know how things go before deciding to buy into the series, the MAL forum for this one has your answer. Strangely, for me, romance series are the ones where I seek out how they end (when possible)...and doing so doesn't ruin anything for me. Laughing
meruru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:40 pm Reply with quote
BinBouGami1234 wrote:
I really wanted to like this series because the main heroine was such a great character, but romances involving teachers are just so nasty to me.

spoiler[This manga is likely to put off a lot of people. The people that hate teacher/student romances will likely be run off early, but those who like teacher/student will be pissed off by the end. ]
BakaRocka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Would love to see it be adapted into an anime
Mai5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:27 pm Reply with quote
My thoughts are exactly the same as meruru lol About halfway through I was feeling really uncomfortable with how things were going but stuck through to the end and was surprised how things turned out.
VampireNaomi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:10 am Reply with quote
I waited until I knew what happened in the end before I bought all the volumes in German. My issue with the series is that

spoiler[even though she got together with the love interest I was rooting for (for once, that almost never happens in series of this type), it didn't feel well executed. There was so much focus on the teacher and her feelings for him that the ending kind of came out of nowhere and without the build-up I was looking for.]
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:45 pm Reply with quote
When I heard this was licensed, I screamed out loud in happiness. It's one of my favorite series and a large part of that is due to Suzame. I'll definitely be getting this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1