• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Have we heard anything about an Ishikawa Goemon Blu-Ray?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I've been looking all over the place for info and all I can find is February 04 which I'm pretty sure was the Japanese theatrical release date. I've read comments from people who saw it and even whole scenes posted on twitter, but I don't know how else they could have seen it.

Has there already been a BR in Japan?

Edit: Uh... the Japanese sites suggest a Blu-Ray combo is coming out there on May 26, but there was already a DVD on April 5th? I'm confused because I got the sense that quite a few people have already seen this movie in English... or maybe I just caught a few reviews from people who just watched it in Japanese.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:08 pm Reply with quote
A fansubbed full HD version is available since mid-April, so there must have been a Blu-ray release. No words about an official Western release as far as I'm aware, though.
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:39 am Reply with quote
I just found out this is actually on Amazon Video. That's been the only official English subbed release apparently.

Any clue as to why this might happen?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1