• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation's Bank Account Raises 620 Million Yen in 2 Days

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:50 am Reply with quote
I donated to the Right Stuf run fundraiser yesterday, primarily because it will be deposited directly in the account Kyoani has set up. As for Sentai's fundraiser, I'm not particularly fond of GoFundme or that it may go through Cool Japan before it ever gets to Kyoani or its employees.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:19 am Reply with quote
It's absolutely amazing how quickly the fan community (and others) are coming together to help KyoAni after this senseless tragedy. It often feels like the internet is filled with little other than bullying, trolling, and all sorts of toxic behavior, but things like this really highlight how it can have a bright side too.

Keep it up!!
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:00 am Reply with quote
AkumaChef wrote:
It's absolutely amazing how quickly the fan community (and others) are coming together to help KyoAni after this senseless tragedy. It often feels like the internet is filled with little other than bullying, trolling, and all sorts of toxic behavior, but things like this really highlight how it can have a bright side too.

Keep it up!!

You are not wrong on that. The Internet is not Good Or Evil but how it is used. The Internet can bring people together and help others much faster than ever before.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:01 am Reply with quote
Wow that goes to show how much everyone loves KyoAni. That is very wholesome & impressive.
joeydoa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Police have yet to fully arrest

The suspect is under arrest although still hospitalized and a search warrant has been executed on his residence [per NHK news].
#Immie93

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I hope we can give them enough to help the victims and their families and rebuild their studio to carry on their inspiring work. Money can’t bring the lost ones back which I’m sure all of us would prefer it did so I hope our money can help get them back on their feet stronger than ever to continue their legacy and inspire generations more.
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:01 pm Reply with quote
The support KyoAni is recieving is amazing and heartwarming in the face of this tragedy. Between funerals, family support, medical costs, demolition and rebuilding, plus new supplies and eventually (I assume) new hires, I'm sure costs are going to be through the roof for the studio, so here's hoping these donations can make a big difference.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1