• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya Episode.G: Assassin Manga Ends, But New Arc Planned

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkLordDragon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:53 am Reply with quote
This was one of the best manga I read. I just wished they concluded the fights. I feel so many things are missing.

Wish to read more Episode G and hope it gets an anime
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:15 am Reply with quote
DarkLordDragon wrote:
This was one of the best manga I read. I just wished they concluded the fights. I feel so many things are missing.

Wish to read more Episode G and hope it gets an anime

Curiously there have been rumors of an anime even a decade ago but it was an April's Fool. Heard there was a CD drama but after Soul of Gold I think Toei doesn't want to touch the manga.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:43 am Reply with quote
Now that Assassin is over, I'd love it if Okada finally did something with the Titans who were still alive at the end of the original Episode G series.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah I must finish this.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:42 pm Reply with quote
It’s rather sad only Saintia Sho has been localized.

I’m interested in reading Epiosde G or Lost Canvas, especially Lost Canvas after watching the anime.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
It’s rather sad only Saintia Sho has been localized.

I’m interested in reading Epiosde G or Lost Canvas, especially Lost Canvas after watching the anime.

Hey, if Saintia Sho does well enough for Seven Seas, then I'm sure they wouldn't mind giving Episode.G a try.
DarkLordDragon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Now that Assassin is over, I'd love it if Okada finally did something with the Titans who were still alive at the end of the original Episode G series.

Yes, actually many things left unfinished in Episode G

- The Remaining Titans
- Pontus and his scheme
- Prometheus
- Gaia?
- Episode G A Connection with original Episode G
- Aiolos, what happened to him at the end of Eps G A, also Arthur?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sergorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:33 am Reply with quote
It's a bit premature to claim G.Assasin is ending. The last chapter only mention that the "Assasin Chapter come to a close" while announcing a new chapter. While it could means that Episode G.A is ending and will be remplaced by a new series, it could also just means it's starting a new arc of G.A, or it could possibly continue just with a change of name. Either way it has not accounced the end of G.A per se, and indeed the chapter literrally ends with Seiya saying "the War begins" so we're obviously going to continue the battle against Aiolos and his Gold Saints with the original Bronze Five front and center as Gold Saints now that Aiolia and Shura are gone.

Quote:
- Pontus and his scheme
- Episode G A Connection with original Episode G

Aiolos mentions "Pontus the black sea" in one of G.A's special chapter, so that connection might still come...

Quote:
Curiously there have been rumors of an anime even a decade ago but it was an April's Fool. Heard there was a CD drama but after Soul of Gold I think Toei doesn't want to touch the manga.

Episode G WAS actually considered as the next Saint Seiya anime after Elysion ended, but in the end Kurumada Production and Akita shipped The Lost Canvas around, probably because it was newer and easier to adapt.

And I don't want TOEI to ever touch Episode G : they don't have the means the create an anime to give it justice and after the mess than was Saintia Shô, Akita will hopefully tell TOEI to go to hell the next time they want to adapt one of their StS manga.

-Sergorn
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1