• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Rising of the Shield Hero Characters to Guest-Star in Isekai Quartet Anime Season 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:00 pm Reply with quote
No surprise about this, especially after Shield Hero got announced for two extra seasons. The bigger question at this point is how soon the second season will be coming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Naofumi gets dunked on and has to prove himself all over again ga shi da...ka? Cool
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:04 pm Reply with quote
My first thought when Isekai Quartet s2 was announced : " Characters from Tate and Tensura will appear as guest-star or the serie will become isekai Quintet/Sextet " , I would not mind a new isekai Xtet every now and then when another franchise is successful enough to get into this series.
Hikifroggy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Now they just gotta Bring Sora and Shiro (no game no life) and ill be happy

i just want to see Shiro Troll the heck outta everyone Laughing
SleepOverFunction

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:15 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
My first thought when Isekai Quartet s2 was announced : " Characters from Tate and Tensura will appear as guest-star or the serie will become isekai Quintet/Sextet " , I would not mind a new isekai Xtet every now and then when another franchise is successful enough to get into this series.

I wonder if Tensura will be in there, isn't it a Kodansha series? As of now it seems like Isekai Quartet is limited to Kadokawa's series (including Shield Hero).

Edit: small correction, the light novel is published by Micro Magazine, the manga is Kodansha. I can't find if Micro Magazine is part of Kodansha but the other series from Isekai Quartet are all Kadokawa.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:44 am Reply with quote
Yay that time I got reincarnated as a slime could appear in isekai xtet unlike no game no life (the ultimate inclusion), I do not want to see how to summon a demon lord personally because I don't want to deal with ecchi in isekai
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Not that I don't like Tate no Yuusha, but I don't think that the cast fits well into Isekai Quartet. Tensura would be the better choice.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Shield Hero is doing great in Japan so that was the most likely choice and it will be amusing to see how everyone reacts to Filo in bird form. Also since they teased other characters some recent Kadokawa series would be "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attack?", "So I'm a Spider, So What?", and "Wise Man's Grandchild".

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Yay that time I got reincarnated as a slime could appear in isekai xtet unlike no game no life (the ultimate inclusion), I do not want to see how to summon a demon lord personally because I don't want to deal with ecchi in isekai

While there is little chance of it happening I would love to see How Not to Summon a Demon Lord get included and they would simply tone down the mature elements in the same way that they did for KonoSuba and Overlord.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Dormoverfunction wrote:
[Edit: small correction, the light novel is published by Micro Magazine, the manga is Kodansha. I can't find if Micro Magazine is part of Kodansha but the other series from Isekai Quartet are all Kadokawa.

I looked all though their company profile and there's no mention of them being owned by a larger company. Maybe that would work in Quartet's favor since they're a relatively small publisher that would be a little easier to access. Kadokawa also assisted with Slime episode 2 so they do have a little bit of an "in" there. I'm curious which companies are in the "Tensura Production Committee", that would probably give us a better idea.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:56 am Reply with quote
mushoku tensei already crossed over with rezero, so that one is a posibility, but the anime is still not out and might not even be out befpre the second season of isekai quartet is. I ahve mixed feelings on that because when mushoku tensei gets a spin off/crossover it ends up spoiling the main story, as pointed out in this same site in the roxy spin off. The rezero crossover psoiled silent seventh star's identity, though at least the manga is not playing it like a puzzle unlike the wn.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1