• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Apple Japan Releases Reel of Anime Featuring Mac Computers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:55 pm Reply with quote
This seems kinda ironic as they recently banned movie villains from using iPhones. Methinks we're gonna see less of their brand on screen going forward, lest the creators want to risk spoilers...
rizuchan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Highly disappointed there's no Digimon Adventure. They could have at least used Tri if they only wanted to use modern anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:29 am Reply with quote
Do I recognize all the anime? Gee, I dunno. Can we kiss Apple's backside more?
Animegunclub

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:03 am Reply with quote
Rather bold of them to advertise using content that specifically went out of their way to avoid using the apple logo (out of a fear that they'd be stepping on apple's trademark rights).
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Animegunclub wrote:
Rather bold of them to advertise using content that specifically went out of their way to avoid using the apple logo (out of a fear that they'd be stepping on apple's trademark rights).

I like any cartoon that features a computer with a pineapple on the lid, being used by idiots to commit acts of stupidity. Computers in entertainment should really be used more and more to show the folly of thinking such things will save us.
Aphasial
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Holy cow, how could they miss Serial Experiments Lain here? I realize it's an older title, but half the episodes have major Apple references, including such obscure entries as the 20th Anniversary Mac design, Copland, HotSauce MCF, and the Scully-era Knowledge Navigator concept: https://www.cjas.org/~leng/apple-lain.htm

Maybe the video folks working on this compilation were too young to remember Sad

Also missing: A few great scenes in Perfect Blue that would bring up some heavy nostalgia as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1