• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Come On And Slam

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:37 pm Reply with quote
From the new shows Sing "Yesterday" for Me looks like a promising coming of age drama. Appare-Ranman! is a lovely-looking show about steampunk racing that seems fun and entertaining. I like the premise of Arte, but it does not seem to have much depth. Gleipnir looks trashy, horny and mediocre, but the first episode was super crazy fun.

This season is going to be weird, but I hope that none of the 10 anime series that I am watching get delayed down the road.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:14 pm Reply with quote
After seeing the second episode of Gal & Dino, I can say that there is a plot line going on in the live action segment involving Shouta Aoi, so I'm kind of interested to see where that goes, but the rest is still very laid back in tone compared to Pop Team Epic. I'm down with that, but I understand that isn't the kind of humor that all fans of the former will be interested in.

I do find myself relating to Yesterday's Rikuo, having failed to get a career for much of my twenties until a couple years ago, working jobs that I did not need my college degree for and didn't pay like it. While I have gotten past that period in my life - though not without some setbacks on the way, thankfully not including this crisis, in terms of employment at least - I still remember that sense of malaise of having worked to get your degree but failing to actually use it, having been rejected by rounds and rounds of potential employers. Though in Japan, that probably doesn't come with a mountain of student debt to contend with. That being said, I think I'm a little more interested in seeing where Shinako and Haru's character arcs go, though the former is probably influenced by how the second episode had focused on Shinako.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I was a little worried that Sing Yesterday for me was going to go down the manic pixie dream girl route, like Zac though, but I think the depth of character interactions in episode two puts that fear to rest. I'm really looking forward to more of this that series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1