• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Some More Things On Anime Couples

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:42 am Reply with quote
[Warning:While this is a sequel to an earlier post I did,there will still be things here that will be considered controversial or speculative. It may not be to everyone's taste,including the mods,but it can't be helped. Again,the same rules apply here as the first one. No racist,sexist,or other language like that will be tolerated here. The mods will have full discretion to enforce the rules. Also,if you thought that your post was wrongfully removed by the mods,please contact me by PM and I'll see what I can do. But,just like before,if they have proof you were in the wrong,then I don't know what I can do for you. With that said,let's begin.]
If you've been in my little area of the Community section as of late,I was doing a post on something rather serious. Although the discussion got a little heated,it couldn't be helped. It was on something very controversial and sometimes,something like that can happen. So,I decided to a post here on something that may not be as controversial as what I was discussing before but I wanted to do something that would be a little lighter,and as recent events have shown,something like that is needed and I hope you enjoy it. Yep,I've found some more anime couples to discuss.

While a lot I'm going to say can be considered wild speculation,it may be true but then again,it might not. In any case,unlike the previous post on this topic,I've got three shows that you might be interested in hearing about this time. Are you excited? Well,then. If your ready,let's get to it,everyone.
1."My Hero Academia:"Let's start off with one of the most popular shows around right now,"My Hero Academia." While we haven't seen any concrete proof of any couples as of yet,there's one that's almost obvious to anyone who's seen it but would love to see it develop,and that's the absolutely adorable relationship between Izuku Midoriya and Ochako Uraraka. Like many of you,I think their relationship is utterly cute and hopefully might become something more. And,almost certainly,Ochako herself might have developed some feelings for Izuku which will probably warm the hearts of all who witness it.

While Izuku and Ochako may be the main couple and most likely the one with the strongest weight behind it,there have been those who want Izuku to be with someone else. Like it's counterpart "Naruto,""MHA" has had a number of other possible candidates for Izuku to be with. Among them,Kyoka Jiro,Mina Ashido,etc. One of the strongest candidates for Izuku's alternate girlfriend could be Tsuyu Asui. Although both Izuku and Tsuyu haven't really spent any real time together,that hasn't stopped others from suggesting it.
Now,I may invite some harsh criticism here,but I'm not really sure about Tsuyu. Sure,she's a nice girl and a great possible hero but like I said,they haven't really spent any time together. Yeah,they were together in the early training episodes,but that's about it. Also,I kinda think her looks are middling. While she's not ugly,she also isn't really pretty,either. She doesn't have the cuteness of an Ochako or the head-turning beauty of a Momo. To me,Tsuyu has all the makings of a great friend,partner,or sidekick to Izuku,but love interest? I'm sorry but I don't really see it at all.

While I see that there are many others who might end up together,there are two in the series who I hope don't get anyone. And,they are Katsuki Bakugo and Himeko Toga. Why do I think that? Well,for Bakugo,anyone who's read my post on him knows how I feel about him. He's an obnoxious jerk who'd most likely send whatever date he's with to the hospital and also,he's a gigantic creep who doesn't really care about anyone,other than himself. Also,his monster temper would cause all but those who don't have a functioning brain to run for the hills. I'd be surprised if anyone wants to date him.
And,the same goes for Himeko. Let's just come out and say it. She's nuttier than a whole bunch of fruitcakes. Anyone foolish enough to date her would be,in essence,putting their own lives in danger. She's extremely crazy and also very creepy. She basically gives off these Hannibal Lecter vibes that would raise alarm bells in all but either the most desperate or the most foolish. All in all,both Katsuki Bakugo and Himeko Toga have personalities that most people wouldn't really want in a date. I'd be highly surprised if either of them would got dates. I don't really think they're compatible with anyone,least of all,each other.

2."Black Clover:"Our second anime is the aforementioned "Black Clover." Basically,this has more to with the speculation of the main character,Asta,and which girl he might get. And,believe me,anyone who's seen the series or read the manga would know what I'm talking about. He's basically got a number of girls secretly pining for him,but the only one he's ever noticed is Sister Lily. He's basically carried a torch for her his whole life but she's not really interested in him. He regularly proposes to her only for those proposals to get shot down with the frequency of the swallows returning to Capistrano.
But,it makes one wonder. What would it be like if the girls who secretly have a thing for Asta found out about her? How would those like Noelle,Mimosa,Rebecca,and the rest react if they found out that their biggest obstacle to getting Asta was Sister Lily,a nun? How would they feel about that? Would they challenge her to some mystic duel over who got Asta or would they do something else? What do you guys think? Would they do that? Please,don't afraid to tell me. I'd really like to know.

3."Pokemon:"Last but certainly not least,is "Pokemon." While the show has had it's share of couples,both known and speculated,one thing's clear. The biggest bit of speculation is who'll eventually get Ash? That's unclear because the list of Ash's potential girlfriends is so long that it would take a Florentine monk years just to put them all down. We have so many that just speculating about it is half the fun of watching the show.
And,it's not just Ash's human female companions. There have been female pokemon that have also had crushes on him. But,for all the speculation over who'd get him like Mallow,Lana,Lilly,Anabel,and the many others who've been around him,the two most known for being in the running over who'd get him is Misty and Serena. It's hard not to imagine the sparks that would fly if they ever found out about each other. It's also not hard to imagine the two of them fighting over him like crazy. Although me and others like that would love to see that happen,the odds of that happening are sadly astronomical,but we can still dream,can't we?

So,what do you guys think about this? Don't be afraid to comment. I'd really enjoy knowing what you thought about this. I've got to depart now but I hope to hear from you all soon. Bye for now and see you soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1