• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Reflection Magical Girl Franchise Gets 2 New Games, Confirms Anime's Half-Year Run

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Compared to the Atelier games, I haven't seen much hype for it. But I guess this means the franchise is fairly successful?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually quite shocked Gust is putting in a lot more effort in the Blue Reflection property out of all things. You'd think they would have done an Atelier Ryza anime first. Anyways, hope it does well especially with this anime being freakin' 2 cours!

I kind of wished they did more with Nights of Azure though. Anime hyper
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:04 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
Compared to the Atelier games, I haven't seen much hype for it. But I guess this means the franchise is fairly successful?

I guess you could call this a blossoming franchise because it's only had the one game from 2017, so I too am rather surprised we're getting not only an anime but two new games to boot. I'm super excited for this.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Looks really cool!
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Anything with Kishida Mel's work is incredibly exciting - the man is a god.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I was not expecting a 2-cour.
Seagloom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:43 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I kind of wished they did more with Nights of Azure though. Anime hyper

I wish. Unfortunately Nights of Azure 2 underselling may have killed any chances of a sequel, let alone an anime adaptation. In comparison Blue Reflection sold acceptably for a new Gust IP. It even outperformed Atelier Shallie and Atelier Firis. Given that, this marketing push isn't surprising.

It's a shame considering Nights of Azure had twice the sales of Blue Reflection and showed so much promise.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:23 am Reply with quote
Two cour is surprising, with the quality from the trailer I expected it to just be a low budget one cour show. I haven't played the game, but I have a friend who really likes it so maybe I should play it.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:02 am Reply with quote
I did not expect it to be 2 cours. Best girl is on the right, but as expected she's on mobile. They knew what they were doing with that.

Why the title change in West again? The 1st letters of the subtitles are R,S,T. That was intentional. In the West, it'll be RSS. If Tie were an anime, they wouldn't have changed the title. There's always this change the game title and keep the anime title in the West. You can't possibly think your game and anime target audience are not one in the same, especially when the series is niche.
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:15 am Reply with quote
that's good news! I rarely see a series with strong yuri vibes get more than 12 episodes
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Why the title change in West again? The 1st letters of the subtitles are R,S,T. That was intentional. In the West, it'll be RSS. If Tie were an anime, they wouldn't have changed the title. There's always this change the game title and keep the anime title in the West. You can't possibly think your game and anime target audience are not one in the same, especially when the series is niche.

I can only assume Tie's title was changed because when people think tie, they think of stuff like bow ties or neck ties, not a Japanese character meaning something else, and it wouldn't make sense for an English speaking audience.
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:50 pm Reply with quote
This seems so unreal to me.
Like I loved the game from it's first announcement, I was like the only one on the ps trophies board, I like to visit, that preordered it and even on the official twitter and facebook people kinda laughed at it because it's magical girls.
But I really enjoyed the game, as I love magical girls, fanservice and turn-based RPGs and I really wanted to see more, but the sales and reception didn't look too good and after 1-2 years of nothing I thought this franchise would be dead.

And now out of the blue (hah xD) two games and a 2 cour anime, that seems to be well animated.
I couldn't be happier! Not only because there finally comes more, but also because the franchise gets a second chance to gain fans!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1