• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: TV Actress, Voice Actress Philece Sampler Passes Away

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:24 am Reply with quote
RIP Mimi.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:34 am Reply with quote
Awwww nooooo! She was one of many pieces of my early childhood! It really sucks that she's gone now. May she rest in peace. Her memory and characters will be remembered for years to come. Crying or Very sad
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:24 am Reply with quote
So very sad to hear =(... Please RIP
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:43 am Reply with quote
Rest in Peace Sad
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:10 am Reply with quote
I'm so sorry to read this. I just went back to the Felicia VS Taokaka Death Battle to pay my respects. RIP, Miss Sampler.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:12 am Reply with quote
I got to wonder if it is health issues is the reason why she was unable to reprise her role as Mimi in Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna last time but regardless, this is just plain tragic to see another member of the Digimon family passing on but at least she will keep her late Digimon co-stars Michael Lindsay and Robert Axelrod some company.

RIP, Ms. Sampler! We'll miss you dearly! Crying or Very sad
SouthParkboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:17 am Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
I got to wonder if it is health issues is the reason why she was unable to reprise her role as Mimi in Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna last time but regardless, this is just plain tragic to see another member of the Digimon family passing on but at least she will keep her late Digimon co-stars Michael Lindsay and Robert Axelrod some company.

Don't forget about the late great Bob Papenbrook. Yeah when I heard the news that she died I was so shocked. RIP Ms. Sampler! You will be remembered as a legendary anime voice actress that will be part of many childhoods.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:38 am Reply with quote
This is so sad to hear. Her voice was a staple of my childhood growing up watching anime and her voice was so memorable.

RIP Ms. Sampler. Thank you for all the heart and passion you brought to the characters you voiced.
Tachibana

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Condolences to her family. RIP
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:09 pm Reply with quote
This is really sad to hear. If you're a long time Digimon fan, the news may effect them a lot because of this:

Quote:
In anime, Sampler is best known for voicing Mimi Tachikawa in almost every Digimon production from the first Digimon Adventure television anime in 1999 to the Digimon Adventure tri. films from 2015 to 2018. She also played Cody Hida and Koromon in several Digimon projects.

RIP Philece Sampler and my condolences goes out to her family. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh no… may she Rest In Peace.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:

I don't think it was health issues since she pretty recently was in Promised Neverland and Demon Slayer movie.It was a sudden death...
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:

Not necessarily, she'd been active fairly recently. Heart attacks don't always happen due to poor health, they can also be stress related or even just odd occurrences (even if those are rarer).

But still, her voice has been with me for so many years and it's clear by the outpouring from the VO industry that she was not only respected, but loved. I can't imagine anyone else being able to play Taokaka or being able to precisely channel what an elderly Toph would be like. She was one of the vets and she will be missed.
EleutheroMaster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I watched a lot of the old Saban dubbed Anime back in the day and Ms. Sampler was among the best of the best!

She will be missed and remembered!

RIP Our "Mimi".
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:08 pm Reply with quote
RIP to Philece. Thank you for your role as Mimi, Taokaka, and many others.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2