• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Debuts New Show Every Week 'For Next Month or So' Starting With Assassination Classroo

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully, one of this shows is SSSS.Dynazenon.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:30 am Reply with quote
How much of this new strategy is because Sony won't let Toonami have Demon Slayer s2?
CatSword

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:56 am Reply with quote
My bets are Ranking of Kings, Mob Psycho 100 II, and the final season of Attack on Titan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:14 am Reply with quote
New Show Prediction :

Sequel :

1.Lupin III Part 6 ( English Dub Premiere )
2.AOT Final Season part 2
3.SSSS DYNAZENON
4.Yasashime S2

New Show & New Dub :

1. ODD TAXI
2. Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken ( English Dub Premiere )
3. Akudama Drive

Last edited by Farhanawesome on Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Custom Apex

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
How much of this new strategy is because Sony won't let Toonami have Demon Slayer s2?

What do you mean? Are you saying that this strategy would fail just because of Sony blocking Toonami from getting Season 2 of Demon Slayer? I still want the block to stay alive.
Aura Ichadora

cyberdraco wrote:
Hopefully, one of this shows is SSSS.Dynazenon.
I would love that. I'm also hoping for Mob Psycho 100 S2 will be one of those shows. I know it got caught up in the same licensing mess that prevented Food Wars! S3 and S4 to air for a bit of time, but since that was remedied, it's about time for Mob to return.

The final show they announce (assuming that they will be trying to stick to one announcement a week for the next month or so as planned) will be Attack on Titan, I'm more than positive, though.
Akane Mizuno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:58 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

I hope Toonami won't get Demon Slayer S2, cause I'm not a fan of Toonami editing out the opening and ending songs to fit in more adverts. I also live in the UK so it would also be a while to be able to watch it legally so I can contribute to the show. I don't find Toonami getting S2 eventually, but I would like FUNimation to stream it first like they did with Fire Force and Dr. Stone.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:11 am Reply with quote
I hope they bring in Megalo Box Nomad especially since the first season did air on Toonami.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:56 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
I hope they bring in Megalo Box Nomad especially since the first season did air on Toonami.
I hope it's that, Mob 100 S2 and Lupin S6. Just one of those series is enough for me to tune in again.

I wonder if in the future we will have to write off Sentai Filmworks stuff ever appearing on the block since AMC has now bought them. While they don't appear on the block as often as Viz and Funimation/Crunchyroll/Sony they still have a few good stuff that fit the block but never appeared (Ushio & Tora being a prime example).
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:09 am Reply with quote
Wait Demon SLayer Season 2 won't be coming to Toonami?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:31 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Wait Demon SLayer Season 2 won't be coming to Toonami?

Unknown, but they have been having difficulty negotiating with Sony over it.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:31 am Reply with quote
Ya know what I'd still love to see join the lineup? Psycho Pass. Please Toonami. Very Happy
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Akane Mizuno wrote:
I hope Toonami won't get Demon Slayer S2, cause I'm not a fan of Toonami editing out the opening and ending songs to fit in more adverts.

That's a rather petty reason to not want a show on the block, even if LiSA's music is good enough to justify it. Besides, they don't edit them out; they edit them down.

I eagerly await the identities of what shows will be coming next. Mob 2, Megalobox 2, and Dynazenon are practical gimmes (the former two moreso than the latter), but I'm starting to come around to the idea of ODDTAXI dropping in to shake things up.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
New Show Prediction :

Sequel :

1.Lupin III Part 6 ( English Dub Premiere )
2.AOT Final Season part 2
3.SSSS DYNAZENON
4.Yasashime S2

New Show & New Dub :

1. ODD TAXI
2. Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken ( English Dub Premiere )
3. Akudama Drive

Not quite sure on your "new show" predictions. In terms of non-action shows I think Toonami would focus more on comedies akin to Adult Swim's typical brand of humor, like Pop Team Epic was. Odd Taxi being a drama, along with its dub being currently produced, would cause it to stand no chance; and while Eizouken is more in-line with that (not to mention I'm absolutely DYING for it to be dubbed), it's about a relatively niche topic and probably won't be seen as "broadcast friendly" because of that. As for Akudama Drive, I don't think it's quite as popular as the other mentioned shows so it would probably not happen either (though Toonami's done weirder).

I totally can see your "sequel" predictions though, those all seem accurate based on what they've had so far. In terms of new shows, I could see more overall popular content. Not sure how Crunchyroll's partnership with them is going to be changed now that they're no longer under Warner Bros., but if Fena was a success I could see them going back and releasing earlier originals like Tower of God. Someone else mentioned Psycho-Pass, and while it might be unlikely, I would definitely put that at the forefront given how similar shows have thrived on Toonami, and because it would convince Amazon to finally commission a dub for Season 3. For more recent shows, Mushoku Tensei is perhaps the most popular and acclaimed recent anime that would be a good fit, though Rudeus'... character traits and the long runtimes that are most certainly keeping Re:Zero off the air will probably hold it back.
Akane Mizuno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
That's a rather petty reason to not want a show on the block, even if LiSA's music is good enough to justify it. Besides, they don't edit them out; they edit them down.

It's not petty as all, I'm a big fan of LiSA and it's my preference to want to here the song in full. I'm also a massive fan of Aimer, so want to here her new songs too. But putting that aside for the moment, did you also fail to see that I don't get Adult Swim in the UK. I want to pay for the series by watching it legally. How can I if America hogs it. With FUNimation and Crunchyroll at least it would air in the UK the same time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3