• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Penguin Random House Expands Partnership with Dark Horse to Distribute Single-Issue Comics/Man

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Ah! Then maybe we can get Ghost Talker's Daydream finished out finally or maybe Seraphic Feather? With partnerships may come dreams....
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:49 pm Reply with quote
@njprogfan

You do like to dream big don't you? Those are only two of many manga titles Dark Horse has dropped incomplete. As much as I would like to see a continuation of Ghost Talkers Daydream, I'm fairly sure it will not happen.

As best as I can tell, except for trying to wring the last dime out of a few existing licenses, Dark Horse has been trying to get out of manga for a few years now. There have been very few new licenses in the last few years.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@njprogfan

You do like to dream big don't you? Those are only two of many manga titles Dark Horse has dropped incomplete.

I honestly have more series from them that were dropped than complete. Drakuun, Reiko, Cannon God, Ghost Talker, Seraphic Feather, 3x3 Eyes, You're Under Arrest, Shadow Star, Venus Wars, etc... I'm apparently very talented at picking their underperforming series.

Kurosagi has finally gotten a slight furthering with a new Omnibus release covering a bit not in the original singles, though. And Lone Wolf & Cub has finally been getting reprinted lately, so maybe this has been helping in some regard. I could see it being the reason some gears have started moving again.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:20 am Reply with quote
@Triltaison

I think they actually printed all of Venus Wars, at any rate they completed two full story arcs. This should have been enough to equal the four volumes issued in Japan. The problem is that only part of the first story arc was published in a trade paperback. The rest only came out in floppy form.

You can add Rebel Sword to the list of incomplete titles.
dragonquiz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this means that we can finally get a lot of oop and/or hiatus manga back as is the case of lone wolf and cub (omnibus or single (maybe both)) and more of Kazou Koike's work and cross fingers mpd psycho, maybe an omnibus edition of mail, and wandering emanon vol 4 (and more of Kenji Tsuruta's work too boot as his art is calming and pleasant looking).
Hopefully more Gou Tanabe's HP Lovecraft manga will be licensed, the first two were so good in artwork I couldn't stop reading it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1