• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
School Rumble

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animation_addiction

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quote
School rumble is a really interesting animation that i have been falling in love with and now i just curious how many people in this forum know about. It's a comedy and love animation, worth your time to watch. and the reason i start this thread is to see how many fan of it are here. Very Happy
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote
animation_addiction wrote:
School rumble is a really interesting animation that i have been falling in love with and now i just curious how many people in this forum know about. It's a comedy and love animation, worth your time to watch. and the reason i start this thread is to see how many fan of it are here. Very Happy

According to the Encyclopedia entry as of April 5, 2007 11:31PM CST, 1830 people have seen it in part or in whole.

While I, myself, really like the series, I'd advise you to make a better opener than this on your next try. Of course we know it's a romantic comedy, the Encyclopedia entry has those genres listed. But to really gauge your own and everyone else's fandom, I think it'd be more appropriate if you did a better job explain why to everyone.

Is it the fact that SR builds up the romance so much, only to bring it way back down with some hilarious feat of irony or parody? Are the characters really that crazy or silly to the point of where it's counterproductive for themselves? Is Harima really "The Man" as so many of his fans claim him to be? At least answer or touch on some of these questions or any other topic of SR you might have to jump start some conversation.

Teh Rules wrote:
3) Discussions should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions, lists and one-liners do not contribute.

Welcome to the forums and good luck getting accustomed to things. Hope you enjoy your stay Very Happy.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1