• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Game Ranking, April 2-8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
DS Training for Adults Who Dread English: More English Cramming

I would so PWN in this game Anime hyper, I am going to have to import this.

I also wonder if were ever going to get that KH II final mix I'd like to be able to beat that game and get the ultra secret new ending....

As for the top two games, it would be more surprising if these titles were not in the top ten seeing as how almost every gundam is a top seller, I wonder if that Naruto game is any good.
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Not a single PS3, or Xbox360 title in the list. Isn't Wii sports a bundled title? I wonder if the copies sold use Wii system sales
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quote
ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:
Isn't Wii sports a bundled title? I wonder if the copies sold use Wii system sales

In Japan the system didn't include Wii Sports, so basically anyone who buys a system want that game since it's a really fun party game. I think that Nintendo of America did a great job with bundling the system with the game, since that was the game everyone wanted to see.
Asako

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Woo hoo! Go Yoshi's Island! Very Happy

I wonder how that english for adults game works Smile Sound interesting.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Quote:

Wink It must be a blast, having the job of dreaming up the names of these Japanese games.

Deltakiral wrote:

As for the top two games, it would be more surprising if these titles were not in the top ten seeing as how almost every gundam is a top seller.

Gundam games, especially the Gundam vs. franchise, was once guaranteed #1 seller, but they have flagged lately. For comparison, the Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon PlayStation 2 game that started this console franchise sold a whopping 810,000 copies total. It doesn't help that this newest installment is on the PSP, which less than 500,000 Japanese people have in their hands.

Last edited by Egan Loo on Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote
ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:
Not a single PS3, or Xbox360 title in the list.

Yeah, the only PS3 game in that week's top 30 was #23's Pro Baseball Spirits 4, since most gamers are still playing the PS2 version. As for Xbox 360, well, it's been a while since Blue Dragon. Wink

Quote:
Isn't Wii sports a bundled title? I wonder if the copies sold use Wii system sales

Wii Sports is a bundled title in all territories—except Japan. Poor Japanese fans have to buy it separately. Enough Japanese fans must like it though; one out every two Wii owners in Japan also has Wii Sports.
Velius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised WIi sports is up there. It's fun as hell. That's wierd about it not being combined for japan. Would think that it would be the other way around.

At least one square enix game made it on list. Would also like to get just to get the new secret ending myself. It's knocked me off my chair when I saw it for the first time. Man can't wait for that game.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
PS2 still owns
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Velius wrote:
Not surprised WIi sports is up there. It's fun as hell. That's wierd about it not being combined for japan. Would think that it would be the other way around.

Considering how the Japanese are insane about their nintendo products (Pokemon, DS Lites, etc) it doesn't surprise me all that much that we got a bundle and the Japanese are getting stuck with more crap to pay for......
pi8you

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:09 pm Reply with quote
In return though, the Japanese had access to Wii Play from the start, and that was dominating the Top 10 for a while as well. What's most surprising to me is the number of non-DS/Wii titles in the list, usually it isn't more than 2-3. Maybe I'm underestimating baseball's popularity in Japan, but I expect those games to drop off the list next week, with the Naruto and Gundam games maybe making it another week or two before they drop back down. And DS Training for Adults who Dread English is a fantastically named title.
10円

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Quote:

That's an amusing thought, but it might be based on Queen's English or some form of sloppy Engrish or something. I mean, there's not even any English on the front of the box to analyze. Hmm.

tabi_karasu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Quote:

I also wonder if were ever going to get that KH II final mix I'd like to be able to beat that game and get the ultra secret new ending....

As for the top two games, it would be more surprising if these titles were not in the top ten seeing as how almost every gundam is a top seller, I wonder if that Naruto game is any good.
omg i would like to see how that game is played.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1