• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ms. Answerman: Keepin' It Real

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:31 am Reply with quote
For the person who wanted to know about DBZ, Toriyama's Bird Studio contributed to the manga. The company worked with
Toei for the anime.

As for Ninja Resurrection and Ninja Scroll, they do have something in common. They're variations of the Jubei Yagyu legend in Japan, which was also the basis for Onimusha 2. The legend in general is a mix of actual history(jidaigeki) and some fantasy. (Nobunaga as a demon.)

For the Uzumaki fan, I just wanted to add that the live-action movie got picked up by Viz, who didn't know what to do with it. So they sold it to Kino(their site's www.kino.com btw), who will eventually release it on dvd along with the rest of Viz's Japanese movies, except for the live-action Sanctuary. (Because the music rights are too expensive on that one.) Also, there's a live-action Tomie which Comics One was selling on their site for a while, but appeared to have stopped. It's legally region-free however, and you can probably find it at most Asian import sites. As for recommended horror anime, I'll throw in Wicked City, Curse of the Undead Yoma, and Devil Lady.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:19 am Reply with quote
According to the 9/30 http://www.kfccinema.com/ , all 4 Tomie movies have been licensed by Ventura Distribution for R1 release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1