• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - May 5th - May 11th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zetsuie

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
hey i think you forgot blood+
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quote
More and more I am wishing I had ImagineAsianTV. They seem to have excellent taste.
Treetastic

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quote
sabriyahm wrote:
More and more I am wishing I had ImagineAsianTV. They seem to have excellent taste.

I know what you mean- they seem to put on just about every show that interests me, at the time when I become interested. Unfortunately, I live in Canada; don't even think they offer it here. Oh well.

Trigun ended on Friday, didn't it? I'm wondering what G4 Canada is going to put on next. There's no news on the webpage yet, hope they won't wait half a month to put up a show summary like last time. Confused
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Next up on G4TechTV will be Lupin III, which starts on Monday. They will be showing 52 episodes.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote
sabriyahm wrote:

My sentiments exactly. As of now, the channels available to me that carry anime are pretty much stuck in the world of reruns (the FUNi Channel has been switching their lineup around, but do I honestly need to see the Lupin Movie of the Weekend 2-4 times in two days?; [as] has about a week or so of Shin-chan left before that goes into repeats), or their selection leaves much to be desired (AZN: the only thing that has a chance of catching my interest is The World of Narue.)
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quote
Hmm, just tuned in to catch the ending, but I see they got it in under the 30 minute mark .... so what got cut this time?
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quote
adult swim re-aired the entire episode intact-intro included.

guess someone's listening.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quote
Delete.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quote
So pushed it long to accommodate the full 5 minute post-episode commercial break ... thus screwing with the second pass recordings set-up in case they fuss with the schedule on round one *grumble* better go extend Blood+ by 5 minutes ... (PS: hats off to last week's synopsis provider, aside from how blink-and-you-will-miss-it the camp scene turned out, was able to imagine it quite close.)

Quote:
Or maybe a Tootsie Pop.

Yeah, both by your reviews and by CN’s time slot treatment of this stellar little gem just screams, "You will air this if you want us to let you be able to show blockbuster X"

In lighter news, it seems those of the Northern persuasion are about to hit the same point where CN cut-off Zatch Bell ... and with a predilection for following their southern brethren’s lead, Brian must be dreading losing yet another cut-n-paste reviewable show.

I thought Karas was supposed to be a three-parter? Regardless, it shows wisdom far beyond their program director's usual level to keep any further parts of that snore-fest off the cycle, one was bad enough.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
As an unrelated aside, anyone think that Encore Action will ever show the second half of Karas?

Maybe if Tatsunoko Pro ever gets around to drawing it. Razz
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quote
zetsuie wrote:
hey i think you forgot blood+

I did?

Holy crap I did!

Here's what it would have said:

Blood+
(Cartoon Network)
Sunday March 6th 12:30am - Episode 85 "The Episode About Vampires"

This week on Blood+, Sava uses her magical powers to fight the "Keroptrans" and save the city! I mean country! The courts say I'm not supposed to drink alcohol anymore but I do anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RezSav

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:30 am Reply with quote
You also forgot Eureka Seven!
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:34 am Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
You also forgot Eureka Seven!

You're silly. It got special mention in the second paragraph of the column, and a listing in the "Repeats" section.
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:49 am Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:

Blood+
(Cartoon Network)

This week on Blood+, Sava uses her magical powers to fight the "Keroptrans" and save the city! I mean country! The courts say I'm not supposed to drink alcohol anymore but I do anyway.

*Giggles*

Actually, I rather liked this week's episode of Blood+, ("Phantom of the School") because it featured a story that was kind of a mixture of "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Phantom of the Opera," which are two personal favorite stories of mine. spoiler[I thought the guy at the end who was the "Phantom" was actually quite amusing looking because he sort of did look like an unusual version of the Phantom from "The Phantom of the Opera" (his mask was kind of funky).]
zetsuie

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:09 am Reply with quote
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl wrote:
LordByronius wrote:

Blood+
(Cartoon Network)

*Giggles*

Actually, I rather liked this week's episode of Blood+, ("Phantom of the School") because it featured a story that was kind of a mixture of "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Phantom of the Opera," which are two personal favorite stories of mine. spoiler[I thought the guy at the end who was the "Phantom" was actually quite amusing looking because he sort of did look like an unusual version of the Phantom from "The Phantom of the Opera" (his mask was kind of funky).]

if you ask me it had one of the worst scenes i've ever seen in an action show since well the first twenty three episodes of Trinity Blood

why do anime shows about vampires always have to extremely bad melodrama
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2