• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Showing which threads you have posted in

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kresin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, so my bad if it has.

Is there anyway put a feature or icon to show if you have already posted in a thread? With some of the 20+ page threads it gets kinda confusing to remember if you have posted in their before. It would also be nice since I'm busy and can't post alot so I tend to forget.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote
You can always use the Search tool by typing your name under "Author." That means that at least one post in each thread that shows up is yours. I don't think there's any other way besides "find all posts by this user" under your profile...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote
When you log in you can also click the "View your posts" on the index page to the right.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Gage wrote:
When you log in you can also click the "View your posts" on the index page to the right.

Totally didn't notice that. That's a much better suggestion. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
Gage wrote:

I'm Shocked. Shocked
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I've never really looked up at the section above the forums themselves. Never had a reason to; of course, I can usually find my posts OK, too. (Every time I say that I know all about how forums work, something like this pops up.)
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Aromatic Grass wrote:
Gage wrote:

I'm Shocked. Shocked

Now I don't feel as bad for not realizing you can view spoilers by just putting the mouse over the spoiler and not having to highlight the whole thing hehe. Wink
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:43 am Reply with quote
Here's a similar annoyance I've been running into: Often I'll have two windows open, one on the forum and the other referencing the encyclopedia or checking the news. The problem is that if I close that second window it resets the forum so that all of the new posts are no longer highlighted by the orange icon. Other times I'll quickly check the news and come back maybe ten minutes later after making my internet rounds and find only the most recent posts since the time I was hear before show orange, anything before that was reset when I left the site. Any other forum I go to requires you to click on a topic or hit "mark all topics read" for them to lose their highlight. It's annoying, but doesn't really ruin the forum experience for me.

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1