• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Stand Alone Complex PS2 Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vigilante024

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:18 am Reply with quote
it sounds interesting...I'll have to try to see if my gaming club at school will be interested in it...I'm always trying to get more anime related stuff into the club Smile
Truebeliever_jh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:44 am Reply with quote
saw this news in the-magicbox.com. It is also stated that it's a action shooter. Hope the game is good enough liked it's anime counterpart

edit: Wrong information. Should be the-magicbox.com

Last edited by Truebeliever_jh on Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, this being a shooter I have my doubts. Well the naime is being brought over, maybe the game will too. I'll try it out. I need to get the original ps1 ghost in the shell game first though.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Zeiram wrote:
Hmm, this being a shooter I have my doubts. Well the naime is being brought over, maybe the game will too. I'll try it out. I need to get the original ps1 ghost in the shell game first though.

That you should. I remember liking it. Though I don't recall seeing a robot that resembled a Spider in the anime, that was used in the game.... Confused Anyone know where I could maybe buy this game now, seeing it's old, no place like Wal-mart or Target will carry it, I'm sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Any place that sells used games, like Gamestop and EB. There's also Ebay. Sometimes they have old games still in the wrapping.

I remember playing the GITS game when it first came out. It was actually quite good. The only thing I didn't like was that you were stuck in the Fuchikoma for the game. It would have been cooler if you could do levels outside of the fuchikoma or maybe do net hacks.
Zeiram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the Fuchikomas became Tachikomas in the TV series, they weren't in the movie. If you liked the movie, you have to get the manga. It makes the movie look bad lmao, I do like the movie heh.

Wee, Innosense! Yeah, I'd like a ghost in the shell game to be a martial arts/shooter/multi mission game, like lots of cool mysteries and thugs to take out (not necesarily GTA style, but I spose I am aiming that way) just gimme tougher mysteries and less thugs.

There's rarely any shooters that matter anymore. You have the top 5 computer ones, halo on xbox (which I do not like) and metroid prime (my fav shooter outside of quake) some competition eh?
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:26 pm Reply with quote
So there called Tachikomas in the tv series? interesting. I wonder if they'll do a game/movie/tv series for the second manga. Man-machine interface.
Truebeliever_jh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:46 am Reply with quote
Zeiram

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Allright, i'll add that to my list of items to get although i'm broke ^^, it's exactly how i'd have it heh.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Zeiram wrote:
Yeah, the Fuchikomas became Tachikomas in the TV series, they weren't in the movie.

Fuchikomas weren't in the movie? Then what was she fighting at the end of the movie? Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:45 am Reply with quote
That's a think tank, which also appears in the manga, but in a different context. Fuchikomas are smaller and aren't as heavily armored.
Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:18 am Reply with quote
Wow, the game looks a lot better than I thought. :D
Timm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Eep, that looks really good.
I've seen an upcoming mod for Half-Life 2 that's going to be based on Ghost in the Shell. I wonder if I.G. are going to do anything. I mean I guess they could legally tell them to stop making it, because its competition... :S I really wanted to play it, too.
What do you think I.G. will do?

The site is www.ghostmod.com, btw.
gnollman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm.... looks pretty damn good, I must say.... but I think I'll have to wait and rent it. I've seen plenty of pretty FPS that turned out to play like junk...
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it looks to good. why aren't the cut scenes going be cell animated like the other I.G games?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1