×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sound Decision - T.M.R at Spider-Man 2


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shiki MSHTS



Joined: 10 Jul 2003
Posts: 738
Location: NoVA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:52 am Reply with quote
Hoo boy. I love Takanori. Especially when he's in public and all. I think such an event was great publicity for him. I think T.M.R. still has a long way to go till retirement ^^;

Still can't wait to hear that single.

But I still think he looks like a woman (I still love him though =P).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor


Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Posts: 1705
Location: Indiana
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Just curious...

Where did the interview/questions come from?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Haiseikoh 1973



Joined: 24 Apr 2004
Posts: 1590
Location: Waiting for the Japanese 1000 Gunieas.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:43 pm Reply with quote
This begs a question:

Did the Papparazi and the Press know who he was?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ultrabot



Joined: 26 Sep 2002
Posts: 130
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:
This begs a question:

Did the Papparazi and the Press know who he was?


I'm wondering about that too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime
xxmiyuxx



Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 109
Location: Bordentown, NJ
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
But I still think he looks like a woman (I still love him though =P).

BAHAHAHAHA...you funny sons of guns.... I think I'm the only one who picked that up.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
jfrog



Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 925
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Shiki MSHTS wrote:
But I still think he looks like a woman (I still love him though =P).


Until I read that, I thought he was one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sword of Whedon



Joined: 17 Sep 2003
Posts: 683
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:22 pm Reply with quote
The foreign press did

Yoshiki attended the premiere of Pirates of the Carribean with Virginia Madsen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe Mello



Joined: 31 May 2004
Posts: 2272
Location: Online Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 pm Reply with quote
jfrog wrote:
Shiki MSHTS wrote:
But I still think he looks like a woman (I still love him though =P).


Until I read that, I thought he was one.


I think the music would have dissuaded you from that thought.

Is he turning into, like, the 21st century version of Megumi Hayashibara? He's everywhere! (Yes, I am overreacting)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sword of Whedon



Joined: 17 Sep 2003
Posts: 683
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:30 am Reply with quote
You know, the constant comments on androgony in Japanese music are getting the the "big eyes, wacky hair" level that the mainstream looks at. Who CARES?

The only thing I care about are all the fangirls lusting after crappy bands because they're cute.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor


Joined: 05 Jan 2002
Posts: 3904
Location: CO
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Sword of Whedon wrote:
The only thing I care about are all the fangirls lusting after crappy bands because they're cute.


Ya know, they do that in every country, regardless of band. There's girls who lust over Usher or Justin Timberlake because they think their cute. There's girls who lust over bad actors because they think they're cute.

There's guys who lust over Britney because they think she's hot, etc, etc. I'm sure it's not just a fangirl phenomenon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shiki MSHTS



Joined: 10 Jul 2003
Posts: 738
Location: NoVA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:24 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
jfrog wrote:
Shiki MSHTS wrote:
But I still think he looks like a woman (I still love him though =P).


Until I read that, I thought he was one.


I think the music would have dissuaded you from that thought.

Is he turning into, like, the 21st century version of Megumi Hayashibara? He's everywhere! (Yes, I am overreacting)


....and definently overexaggerating... =P

SakechanBD wrote:
Sword of Whedon wrote:
The only thing I care about are all the fangirls lusting after crappy bands because they're cute.


Ya know, they do that in every country, regardless of band. There's girls who lust over Usher or Justin Timberlake because they think their cute. There's girls who lust over bad actors because they think they're cute.

There's guys who lust over Britney because they think she's hot, etc, etc. I'm sure it's not just a fangirl phenomenon.


One of my friends (girl) lusts after Chad Kroger [his looks]. Something about that just destroys all logic on anything "cute" or "hot".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkhunter



Joined: 13 May 2004
Posts: 2992
Location: Los Angelas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Sword of Whedon wrote:


The only thing I care about are all the fangirls lusting after crappy bands because they're cute.


When you say crappy, that's just your own opinion. I'm pretty sure you might think they're crappy while other might think they're good. It's just personal preference.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Manga
Sword of Whedon



Joined: 17 Sep 2003
Posts: 683
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Ya know, they do that in every country, regardless of band. There's girls who lust over Usher or Justin Timberlake because they think their cute. There's girls who lust over bad actors because they think they're cute.

There's guys who lust over Britney because they think she's hot, etc, etc. I'm sure it's not just a fangirl phenomenon.


And it's ludicrous no matter what band it is or who is doing it. The difference is that Brittany Spears and Justin Timberlake come to you, and cons aren't wasting their valuable money on the lesser talents just because people drool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor


Joined: 05 Jan 2002
Posts: 3904
Location: CO
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Sword of Whedon wrote:
And it's ludicrous no matter what band it is or who is doing it. The difference is that Brittany Spears and Justin Timberlake come to you, and cons aren't wasting their valuable money on the lesser talents just because people drool.


Oh please. "Lesser talents?" That's entirely your opinion, and there are many people who would disagree with you. Performers like TM Revolution and L'Arc~en~Ciel are hailed as some of the most talented J-Rock bands in Japanese pop culture.

The only reason why conventions provide a venue for Japanese bands is so that American fans can get the chance to see them. In Japan, bands like L'Arc "come to the fans" as well as part of their tours, but it's harder for them to perform overseas unless invited.

I'm curious to know what great, fantastically talented bands you think is better than "lesser bands" like L'Arc et al?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jmays
ANN Associate Editor


Joined: 29 Jul 2002
Posts: 1390
Location: St. Louis, MO
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:07 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
I'm curious to know what great, fantastically talented bands you think is better than "lesser bands" like L'Arc et al?

We already know he just likes to chide people who don't like things for the same reasons he does--or worse, things he doesn't like at all.

Memo to Sword of Whedon: The look is part of the act. What on Earth bothers you so much about that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group