News Scotland Loves Anime 2013 Line-Up Announced (Updated)
posted on 2013-08-30 11:03 EDT by Andrew Osmond
The Scotland Loves Anime festival has announced its line-up for this October's event in Glasgow and Edinburgh. The festival will run from October 11 to 13 at Glasgow (screenings listed here), and October 18 to 20 at Edinburgh (screenings listed here) .
At both Glasgow and Edinburgh - There will be screenings of the first three rebooted Evangelion films: the U.K. premiere of Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo and its two predecessors, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone and Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance. There will also be screenings of:
- Guskō Budori no Denki (The Life of Gusko Budori), a fantasy drama by veteran director Gisaburo Sugii, with links to his classic Night on the Galactic Railroad);
- Patema Inverted (an adventure film about a girl who lives underground by Time of Eve creator Yasuhiro Yoshiura);
- Fuse (a historical fantasy set in the Edo era).
- There will be a Guest of Honour announced shortly.
- There will be a screening of Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge, this year's feature spinoff from the Hunter X Hunter franchise.
- Among older titles, there will be the chance to see the debut feature films by Satoshi Kon and Makoto Shinkai, namely Kon's horror film Perfect Blue and Shinkai's The Place Promised in Our Early Days.
- The screenings include Shinkai's latest film The Garden of Words (pictured), followed by a live stage discussion with Shinkai himself.
- There will also be a showing of Steins;Gate Fuka Ryōiki no Déjà vu, the feature film sequel to Steins;Gate.
- Another new feature being shown is Aura: Maryūinkōga Saigo no Tatakai, a comedy romance by Seiji Kishi, who previously directed Persona 4 The Animation and Angel Beats!
- There will be a showing of the 50-minute robot drama Hal, showing in a double-bill with a 'mystery' OVA;
- and a mystery film screening.
Tickets will go on sale in about a week's time.
Update - More information added.
Image © Makoto Shinkai/CoMix Wave Films
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history